Ducks and water

Amy Gabby

In the Brooder
May 26, 2017
Hello
I was wondering if anyone could give advice on how to keep my two ducks from knocking over their water and playing with it in the brooder? I fill their water and shortly after they have emptied the whole container. I am afraid when they are along when ilI am at work that they will choke or dehydrate. I can't keep them from playing in it. Any thoughts? They are 5 weeks old. Thanks

Good luck! When I had my ducks, no matter what I did they managed to find a way to splash it all out. Once I got an ice cream bucket and cut a hole in it, just big enough for their head to go in and drink, and they somehow splashed it out. :barnie

@DwayneNLiz didn't you post those ideas for keeping duck water(and food) clean on another thread today? Could you link or repost maybe? It was an excellent post!

If it wasn't you I appologize and will go search it out :oops:.

LOL, you may want to look into a home-made waterer

here are some ideas:
day9a.jpg
e589fc1f680fa5a9e09613a9da74d78b.jpg
24e134c655ba57d96753071a850f165a.jpg
c27ef776c27578054c34e0a9c93a9cf1.jpg

cake pan with HWC over it to keep some of the mess down, and food far away from water

292a2c7e89989a2b4fd1e14f488a7d6e.jpg

giphy.gif

i did not make that mess daddy

Hope this helps.

Hello
I was wondering if anyone could give advice on how to keep my two ducks from knocking over their water and playing with it in the brooder? I fill their water and shortly after they have emptied the whole container. I am afraid when they are along when ilI am at work that they will choke or dehydrate. I can't keep them from playing in it. Any thoughts? They are 5 weeks old. Thanks
also look at this thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/duckling-care-brooder-ideas.64854/

some great images and advice in there

good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom