Ducks and waterproofing

1eyejer

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Prince Edward Island
Since the pond is frozen, my ducks have been moved into the barn with my chickens for the winter..they dont get to swim anymore and im sure they are not happy about it.. They seem to have lost their waterproofing..is this normal???

I took my ducks pools away when we had alot of ice in the mornings. After 2 days of no pools I went out to give them clean drinking water and I had 8 big ducks trying to squeeze themselves into buckets. I knew then I needed to get the pools back out. I have never seen such happy ducks. I felt bad for taking their pools away and will never do it again. I know this doesnt help you 1 little bit, just wanted to tell my little story.

Quote:
My ducks were free range until the pond froze. they used to stay out there full time..I also feel terrible for keeping them in, but im worried about their safety..the pond is about an acre, so they were in paradise..I cant wait to give them the freedom back:)

Quote:
My ducks were free range until the pond froze. they used to stay out there full time..I also feel terrible for keeping them in, but im worried about their safety..the pond is about an acre, so they were in paradise..I cant wait to give them the freedom back:)

Wont be long untill Spring comes and everyone will have happy ducks again.

Back
Top Bottom