Ducks bobbing at each other

Beccazon

Crowing
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan Thumb
Sometimes I think I should research things and other times I think I should start a thread so that if other people have the same experience or questions they can learn something new also. That said, two of my dogs, my khaki Campbell and one of my Pekins, both coming up on 3 months, we're standing at the edge of the pool this morning when I let them out of the coop and face to face (well, face to throat since Mocha, my Campbell is clearly smaller) were bobbing at each other silently. They continued that for several minutes until my coming in with food was more important. I know that mocha is female but there is no evidence that any of my other ducks are drakes. At least not yet. Is this just a communication thing or is it a courtship thing or just random goofiness? If it matters, mocha is my bossy mouthy duck. She is the leader. And as I am standing here, she just walked up to the same dock and started that again and the other one responded with the same. Then one of my Rouens came up and joined in. The one I believe to possibly be a male. So here I have three ducks popping into some sort of silent music face-to-face:lau there is never a shortness of entertainment with ducks!

Back
Top Bottom