Ducks bobbing heads and possible strange behaviour???

Kingbobkingdom

birds, sky, stars
Premium Feather Member
Aug 12, 2021
Alabama
hmm... I have 4 ducks, 3 girls and 1 boy. They bob their head a lot, and when they are in their kiddie pool, one girl (Quacky a crested) gets down on the water and all three of the others (even the other girls!) try to like bite her?? I know it's supposed to be like flirting/mating but since the two other girls do it too, I'm not sure... and the male (Donut, half pekin half Rouen) is like punching his beak into Quacky's neck.

List of ducks(in hatching order):
Bomber (girl, Rouen)
Quacky (girl, half Rouen half Crested)
Macaroni/Macky (girl, Rouen)
Donut (boy, Half Rouen half Pekin)
and they are all about three months old!

hmm... I have 4 ducks, 3 girls and 1 boy. They bob their head a lot, and when they are in their kiddie pool, one girl (Quacky a crested) gets down on the water and all three of the others (even the other girls!) try to like bite her?? I know it's supposed to be like flirting/mating but since the two other girls do it too, I'm not sure... and the male (Donut, half pekin half Rouen) is like punching his beak into Quacky's neck.

List of ducks(in hatching order):
Bomber (girl, Rouen)
Quacky (girl, half Rouen half Crested)
Macaroni/Macky (girl, Rouen)
Donut (boy, Half Rouen half Pekin)
and they are all about three months old!
You may need to remove your crested. Any pulling (even by females) on the back of their head could cause very serious permanent injuries or even death. Ducks bite, pull and poke with their bills because they don't have hands so they will best attempt to use their bills as such. As for the girls and multiples, ducks are sexual maniacs to put it bluntly. Three and foursomes or howevermanysomes they can fit into the pool will happen regardless of who's in the pool.. That's just...well ducks!😂

Back
Top Bottom