Ducks catching June bugs

I have not seen the ducks do this yet, but they did dig a hole and out came a little toad. I found him resting in their pool. Now my chickens will be looking right at you and a bug flies by and they just grab it. Never saw such precision.

I have not seen the ducks do this yet, but they did dig a hole and out came a little toad. I found him resting in their pool. Now my chickens will be looking right at you and a bug flies by and they just grab it. Never saw such precision.

One of my pullets snatched a fly out of air and I named her Bruce Lee hen!! I was very proud at that moment.

I really enjoyed watching my ducks chase the grass hoppers all around the yard. Its almost as funny as watching a comedy show.:lau

I hate it when the ducks hunt the toads in my backyard. And I know they caught one, when one is running the rest are chasing.

They don't even eat the guy they just squish him till his guts come out of his mouth..:he

Frogs are a delicacy here they have learned to stay away and snakes small ones haven't a chance either. We very seldom see grasshoppers any more they took care of them years ago. One thing for sure they aren't very choosey unless it's a hairy caterpillar then they won't touch it. lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom