**Ducks getting excited!!**

lemoniee

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 9, 2009
My ducks make me laugh! when they get up in the morning and come out to play they waddle straight over to their pond or paddling pool, whatever takes their fancy really! they have a swig of water then stand there in a line and do this odd syncronised head bobbing! they quack insanly and bod their heads up and down rapidly!!! does anyone elses ducks do this or are mine just nutty duckies?!

tongue2.gif

Our Runners have done that too, all stand around the water and bob their heads at each other. The Muscovies don't do that. The Runners I think are more social with each other it seems. Ducks are funny creatures.
lol.png

Sharon

Ive got 3 khaki campbells, one aylesbury and a mallard! they all do it! dafties!
big_smile.png

I have one roen drake and 3 females (1 roen and 2 khaki campbells). First thing in the morning they run out of their pen and go straight into the pond where they do their crazy head bobbing and frisking about and going under the water ...and then the drake chooses one of the females and mates with her...all in about 45 seconds!!! It is hilarious!!!

Yes, our ducks do that too! I think they are flirting. What's really bad is when they decide to dabble for bugs in the fresh water....
sad.png

Because I live in the city- my ducks dont get penned at night as such- they have the whole back yard to roam all day and night- so I dont get an early morning rush out a gate or anythign like that. But I love watching them when they have just had their pool cleaned- who will be first in for a dip while the water is still clean?? Its usually the youngest few at the moment- but then Baxter hops in and the babies clear out.

Or when I give them a spray with the hose. I love the way they stick their heads out with their mouths open trying to catch the drops of water from the hose
gig.gif

Yes, it is form of saying, "Hey Baybeeee".

It has a very real purpose; at times the girls can utter the sweetest little soft cooing sound.

they are so sweet

Back
Top Bottom