ducks got attacked

daisysducks

Songster
May 18, 2020
this morning i went out to my duck and chicken run and noticed a duckling and a chick are missing one chick was dead and a duckling and a grown duck have a few wounds. i was sent here for better help. anything would be greatly appreciated.
image.jpg
this is baby ollies wound. i’ll be posting mama pete’s wound in a few.

image.jpg
this around pete’s wound i’m unsure how i’m supposed to cut the feathers i’m looking around the area for the wound itself but i don’t really see one

For Ollie's wound, cut the feathers around it down to the skin so you can more easily see what you're working with. Clean both the wound and the surrounding feathers gently with a damp (not dripping!) paper towel and warm water, then flush it with saline solution.
For Pete's wound, part the feathers until you find the wound. Some likely spots to me look like it may be in one of these places:
1623510250330.png

And repeat the same steps.
Keep them both inside in a warm environment with towels, paper towels, or puppy pads as bedding, not anything loose like sand or pine shavings.

For Ollie's wound, cut the feathers around it down to the skin so you can more easily see what you're working with. Clean both the wound and the surrounding feathers gently with a damp (not dripping!) paper towel and warm water, then flush it with saline solution.
For Pete's wound, part the feathers until you find the wound. Some likely spots to me look like it may be in one of these places:
View attachment 2715311
And repeat the same steps.
Keep them both inside in a warm environment with towels, paper towels, or puppy pads as bedding, not anything loose like sand or pine shavings.
image.jpg
this is ollies hopefully you can see it better. will clipping feathers hurt them?

No problem! It looks like your ducks got pretty lucky- these aren't serious wounds and will heal quickly.
can i put neosporin with out pain relief on the wounds? to keep them kind of covered and maybe it’ll help it heal quicker?

Back
Top Bottom