ducks in the rain!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by melissamerry, Nov 20, 2013.

1. melissamerry

melissamerry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2012
    Goleta, California
    It has been a warm autumn thus far and we are experiencing our first rain of the season, if you can even call it rain. California rain is nothing but a moderately heavy drizzle. Anyways, my backyard is at a slope, which means all the neighbors across the yard can see into my yard, making me the crazy girl with three ducks.

I get a knock on my door this afternoon and it's one of the neighbors. She's pointing fingers at me for animal abuse and accuses me of not taking care of my ducks properly. She said watching those duck sit in the pouring rain was the saddest sight that she ever did saw. She did not believe me when I told her that my ducks actually love the rain and they are enjoying themselves very much at the moment. She threatened to call animal control if I didn't give them some shelter. LADY! do you not see the giant coop behind them full of warm fuzzy blankets???? [​IMG]

They were sleeping inside by my backdoor and when it started raining they were jumping up and down begging to go outside. Silly things. Who else has ducks that love the rain??

[​IMG]

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Buncha rain-loving runners and buffs here [​IMG]

3. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    Whether rain or snow, my ducks sure don't like to come in out of it. The wet ground creates drilling opportunities to find grubs and play in the mud. [​IMG]

4. cosbackyard

cosbackyard Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Yep, they love the rain. Snowed this morning and I can guarantee they'll be out padding around in it.

5. BrownEyedGal

BrownEyedGal Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2013
    Liverpool - UK
    Our girls enjoy a good paddle in the rain too!! That picture is so cute btw. Love it! :)

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They sure do look abused. [​IMG]

7. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I hope you don't mind I wanted a copy of this photo for my own enjoyment. I have a crush on the Adventure Ducks.
    [​IMG]

Maybe they will be on my desktop.

8. zook

zook Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2013
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Turbo's parents. All the ducks we just moved into the barn never used the shelters provided. Always looked out and they were standing or sleeping in torrential downpours. The saying" Great weather for ducks" is so true.

9. justlkn

justlkn New Egg

Sep 15, 2013
    NE Florida
    For just 30 cents a day you to could help a poor misused and abused duck! Please help stop the madness!!

[​IMG]

Let me tell you it can be a hurricane and the guys (and gals) wake up from a dead sleep and play, play play!! It's funny because they do become little drilling machines. Trust me these guys love rain! All you see is their little butts sticking up in the air...lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG] so true and so cute!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by