Ducks new diet...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Nov 10, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    So I finally told my self I need to change the ducks diet... So I did so... Now im feeding them some veggies and eggs every morning, and they love it! And now they are now hooked! They used to HATE veggies, but ever since I've been giving them some in the morning for breakfast, and at lunch, they quack ALL day for it! How do I keep them quite!? Im so thrilled! they like it, but they go crazy for it now?! [​IMG] I dont have that much money to be feeding them more then this! [​IMG] Lol!

Do your ducks do this?

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Nope my ducks are very quiet, [​IMG] but they do love veggies, peas, romaine lettuce, cabbage you get the pic.
    forgot to add DuckTape may work though [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Something I enjoy about my ducks is their joie de vivre. When they like something, they LIKE IT AND CONTINUE TO ASK FOR IT!!!

This includes peas, lettuce (in water only, please), slugs, worms, walkies, human companionship (especially that) . . . .

And when they don't have one of these goodies, they express themselves clearly.

When I catch myself fretting about their noise (which isn't that intense, just nine runners), I remember the neighbors' chainsaws, generators, minibikes, quads, electronic go-carts, dogs, kids (I love kids, and kid noise is fine, but when I hear blood curdling screams and cries of 'EAT HOT DEATH, MORTAL!!!!" - well - ), glass packs, "mufflers" and so forth, I realize that no one else likely notices a few little ah AH ah ahs out there.

Proud of you for giving good goodies to your ducks!!
    [​IMG]

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Thanks! They sure love it, and get some fresh stuff in the morning, and the ends of the veggies I eat for lunch, and get some duck food at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.... They are so spoild!

5. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I have Muscovy so there dead quiet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by