Ducks... no niacin

They're adorable! Are they pekins? If so, brewer's yeast is good but might not be enough - my experience last spring. It would definitely be good to have liquid vitamin B complex as well and add that to their food or water a few times a week. Pekins can grow so fast and develop leg problems very easily and often need the vitamin B complex. Better to have it on hand early than have to hunt it down when your duck is having trouble.
I’m going to try and order some niacin tomorrow and get it shipped to me. The girls working at the store did not know what they were, I’m assuming Pekin. Thanks for the tips!

I’ve seen mixed opinions on keeping them with chicks, in your opinion is it ok to do so. I am prepared to clean the food and water frequently.

They are two different birds that shouldn't be kept together in close quarters IMO. Ducklings can make a wet mess in the brooder, which may end up casing coccidiosis in young chicks, along with many other problems

Could you post the ingredients?
image.jpg

You only put 1 teaspoon per gallon of water, so it’s probably not enough. Hopefully they will be ok until I can get it delivered in a few days.

Brewer Yeast, Nutritional Yeast, B complex and Poultry vitamins all contain niacin. If your store has Duck feed or flock raiser you can switch them to that and you wont need to supplement B3 into their diet.

They are super cute! :love
I’m using duck pellets and I love it and they love it too.

I don't see anywhere that it is intended for bird consumption ? It's citrus flavored as well, don't think young birds are going to like the taste very well.

I see now online its say for poultry as well. You have to be careful with that type of stuff, strong flavored vitamins can decease a birds water intake, I would provide another bowl of plain clean water if you do offer the citra-lite.

Back
Top Bottom