Ducks not pooping much?

Buzz2035

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2021
I have a question I don’t know if this is normal or not but I have two disabled house ducks, and I have noticed for the past week they don’t poop near as much has the have before they can even go a whole swimming time about 20mins or so and no poop were before the pooped as soon as they hit the water. Nothing has changed as far as there food or anything. Is that normal for them to go from pooping were I have to change out there bed about 3 or 4 times or more a day to once my twice a day. They are about 7 month old pekins one male one female. Also my female hasn’t laid a egg in about a week. Eating and drinking like normal

Attachments

• 1A88A8D2-F50D-48B0-A922-BC8EE754424C.jpeg
    1A88A8D2-F50D-48B0-A922-BC8EE754424C.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 28
I have a question I don’t know if this is normal or not but I have two disabled house ducks, and I have noticed for the past week they don’t poop near as much has the have before they can even go a whole swimming time about 20mins or so and no poop were before the pooped as soon as they hit the water. Nothing has changed as far as there food or anything. Is that normal for them to go from pooping were I have to change out there bed about 3 or 4 times or more a day to once my twice a day. They are about 7 month old pekins one male one female. Also my female hasn’t laid a egg in about a week. Eating and drinking like normal
How are they disabled? (House Ducks).

The female laid eggs prior to this regularly?

Is that picture super-recent? Because in that photo, they don't look bad at all.

At 7 months they could be molting into their full adult feathers. How are their feathers? Do some of them come out as they preen?

Beyond this, I will leave it to the more experienced.

As many details as possible, please.

How are they disabled? (House Ducks).

The female laid eggs prior to this regularly?

Is that picture super-recent? Because in that photo, they don't look bad at all.

At 7 months they could be molting into their full adult feathers. How are their feathers? Do some of them come out as they preen?

Beyond this, I will leave it to the more experienced.

As many details as possible, please.
One has a leg that is bent under him so he walks what he can on the hock and his good leg but only for a minute before he has to lay down. The female has bad joint swollen and has a hard time getting up and walking. The vet said she had joints that would eventually give completely out. She only has been laying eggs for a few weeks sometimes she would lay one a egg a day and then sometimes two in the same day. That pic is From last month but they overall look fine. I haven’t really noticed much feathers coming out. My male when checked today weighs abiut 4 1/2 lbs and my female is about 7 lbs she is overall bigger then him.

One has a leg that is bent under him so he walks what he can on the hock and his good leg but only for a minute before he has to lay down. The female has bad joint swollen and has a hard time getting up and walking. The vet said she had joints that would eventually give completely out. She only has been laying eggs for a few weeks sometimes she would lay one a egg a day and then sometimes two in the same day. That pic is From last month but they overall look fine. I haven’t really noticed much feathers coming out. My male when checked today weighs abiut 4 1/2 lbs and my female is about 7 lbs she is overall bigger then him.
What are you feeding them?

Is your vet an avian vet? And have they ever mentioned niacin deficiency to you or recommended giving a niacin or a B complex? Also pooping every 20 minutes is normal
what isn't normal is a duck pooping every 5 minutes.

Edit: Their eyes look a little runny and irritated. I would recommend buying Terramycin for their eyes. I don't know how often they are in the pool, but make sure every day they have access to water deep enough to dunk their heads so they can clean their eyes and nares.

Last edited:
I'll try, but ducks aren't my specialty. So sorry. @Duck Lady1 @Duck Diva @EverythingDucks.
Purine duck food. Peas, corn and insects as treats
Their diet sounds good to me.
Well, how long have they had their disabilities?

Back
Top Bottom