Ducks. o.o

No... I'm still working on ideas for a pond if my family will agree to it. It's really simple to me, but they're not here on BYC so they don't seem to think it's so easy.

Ducks eat flock raiser, right? The bag I have for my guineas includes ducks on the label, but I want to make sure, just in case I do get these.

Mine use kiddie pools or shallow pans. Also yes flock raiser is great for ducks.
No... I'm still working on ideas for a pond if my family will agree to it. It's really simple to me, but they're not here on BYC so they don't seem to think it's so easy.

Ducks eat flock raiser, right? The bag I have for my guineas includes ducks on the label, but I want to make sure, just in case I do get these.

Hi Lothiriel, haven't talked to you in a while! Are you well?

I built a pond, and let me warn you that pools are far easier to clean. Ducks add lots of compost to the bottom of real ponds, and its kinda gross (OK, super gross) to clean. With the pools, I just flip, rinse, and drag to another local not far away to keep the grass alive, and keep the swim area from becoming a quagmire!

Mine use kiddie pools or shallow pans. Also yes flock raiser is great for ducks.
Quote: Ok good. :p

Quote: Hi Marty! I'm doing great, thanks! And you?

Good point... I half considered the kiddie pool idea but didn't get any farther than that.

Do you think she'd be happy in a small thing like that, compared to the huge pond she's been living in?

She really won't mind that much. To Ducks water is water regardless if it's a pan, a kiddie pool, or a acre large pond. As long as they are given the opportunity to swim they will be happy.

Ok.... I'll attempt explaining to the fam tomorrow...

Of course, this is all depending on if I can catch the cute little things... :p

My ducks aren't picky about their water either. They don't HAVE to have a swim pond, but they sure do appreciate one. If you only have a duck or two, a pond won't get ucked up too fast if its big, but if your planning to repopulate the ducks in your area, well, prepare for poo soup in pond. Oh, and the stench can be amazing.

Ok.... I'll attempt explaining to the fam tomorrow...

Of course, this is all depending on if I can catch the cute little things... :p
Hope it goes well
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom