Ducks out in their new duck house

Birdydeb

Songster
Apr 6, 2016
In a valley between the mountains

Testing to see if pic posts.....

Well it did this time. No idea why I couldn't post pics for awhile. :rolleyes: I started out with 10 WH because the person who was supposed to split the order with me backed out. I sold four about two weeks ago which left me with 5 females and a drake. Last week they FINALLY got into their new house and run....the whole pen which is 45 x 24 is not covered yet. Their house is a 8x10 metal shed. We cut in 3 40"x22" windows and lined the walls inside with wood. Haven't cut the gable vents yet or figured out how to line the roof. But is doing well for them and I guess just continues as a work in progress. Also haven't totally figured out the pool situation. Right now I am using kiddie pools. :)

We haven't totally decided yet. But need to come to something more permanent because I had to bail and dump water this morning....it was nasty after five days. We have to pay for our water and it is imperative that I come up with something that won't break the bank. :rolleyes: I am afraid I didn't think on that enough before getting ducks. Hubby is thinking of digging them about a 5' diameter pond in the big part of the pen....our water table is very high and close to the surface. We have had an horrible time trying to get it all finished with thunderstorms, HEAT, and totally undependable help. We have more to do but they HAD to get outside and so I am open to any suggestions. :)

I also would like that inner run to be covered with a roof by winter. Right now it is covered with chicken wire and a shade cloth. We have tons of Hawks. I have a big net for the big part of the pen.....probably will put posts down the middle and drape net to the sides.

We haven't totally decided yet. But need to come to something more permanent because I had to bail and dump water this morning....it was nasty after five days. We have to pay for our water and it is imperative that I come up with something that won't break the bank.
roll.png
I am afraid I didn't think on that enough before getting ducks. Hubby is thinking of digging them about a 5' diameter pond in the big part of the pen....our water table is very high and close to the surface. We have had an horrible time trying to get it all finished with thunderstorms, HEAT, and totally undependable help. We have more to do but they HAD to get outside and so I am open to any suggestions.
smile.png
For my pool I am using a drain. This is my setup,
The drain works really well if it is not leaking!

Back
Top Bottom