ducks panting?

Kipmama

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2019
i have 3 ducks all different sizes and breeds and they are all panting. i currently have them in my room which is in the basement so it’s cool. they just got in from playing in the pond and they have eaten and had plenty of water. why are they doing this and should i be concerned?

i have 3 ducks all different sizes and breeds and they are all panting. i currently have them in my room which is in the basement so it’s cool. they just got in from playing in the pond and they have eaten and had plenty of water. why are they doing this and should i be concerned?
How long is it been since they were outside? Just like children and recess, it might just take him a little while to cool off.

Ducks cannot sweat, so in the same way like dogs and cats panting is their only way to lower their body temperature if no cold(er) water is available. You don't reveal your location, but i assume it is hot outside where you live? - Just give them a bowl of cold water - not ice cold, just tap water cold and they will cool down and stop panting.

Ducks cannot sweat, so in the same way like dogs and cats panting is their only way to lower their body temperature if no cold(er) water is available. You don't reveal your location, but i assume it is hot outside where you live? - Just give them a bowl of cold water - not ice cold, just tap water cold and they will cool down and stop panting.
it’s pretty hot where i live, usually in the 80-90s in the summertime. i’ll try that

Back
Top Bottom