Ducks with sores on feet

The four cardinal signs of inflammation are redness (Latin rubor), heat (calor), swelling (tumor), and pain (dolor). Redness is caused by the dilation of small blood vessels in the area of injury.

The four cardinal signs of inflammation are redness (Latin rubor), heat (calor), swelling (tumor), and pain (dolor). Redness is caused by the dilation of small blood vessels in the area of injury.
I dont realy know what to say other maybe I'm missing something and another set of eyes would help.
@Isaac 0
@Miss Lydia

I urge you to just search the duck forum for "bumble foot" and look at some pictures.

I dont realy know what to say other maybe I'm missing something and another set of eyes would help.
@Isaac 0
@Miss Lydia

I urge you to just search the duck forum for "bumble foot" and look at some pictures.
I don't know what you are after. Really.
Why are you so focused on being right?
You are not with my duck in person, I am.

An infected foot will be red, the duck will be limping and the area will be warm to the touch.

This is a good time to point out that we're not vets, and should never be replaced for vet care when it's needed. WE do not claim to know everything, but based our posts off of our own experience, and research.

All I'll say, is it looks like some type of inflammatory dermal-skin disorder.

If I were to see that on one of my ducks, I might slather the foot copiously with an antibacterial ointment, and bandage.

How to bandage duck foot,

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wrapping-up-a-ducks-foot.1201339/

Footpad disorders can appear in several ways, and sometimes can not be noticed besides limping.

This is a good time to point out that we're not vets, and should never be replaced for vet care when it's needed. WE do not claim to know everything, but based our posts off of our own experience, and research.

All I'll say, is it looks like some type of inflammatory dermal-skin disorder.

If I were to see that on one of my ducks, I might slather the foot copiously with an antibacterial ointment, and bandage.

How to bandage duck foot,

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wrapping-up-a-ducks-foot.1201339/

Footpad disorders can appear in several ways, and sometimes can not be noticed besides limping.
I was going to soak his feet tomorrow and put some antibiotic ointment on it...if it doesn't get better in a week or two, I'm taking him to the vet to get her opinion. I clipped his wing so he can't do any more damage.

Last edited:
I was going to soak his foot tomorrow and put some antibiotic ointment on it...if it doesn't get better in a week or two, I'm taking him to the vet to get her opinion. I clipped his wing so he can't do any more damage.

That sounds like a good plan.

Have you checked the other ducks as well?

That sounds like a good plan.

Have you checked the other ducks as well?
yes , and everyone's feet is fine. I swear I am perplexed how his feet got that way and no one else has issues. (the bleeding is due to being scraped on the driveway) So it makes me wonder about some deficiency because you know certain vitamins protect the skin barrier.

Although there is no infection because there is no redness, he is not limping and it is not warm to the touch. But I don't want it to get to that point either.

Doing research on my chicken, I read several people did the bumblefoot surgery and there was no pus because the foot was not infected. It does not always have to progress to that stage.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom