Ducks wont go in my pond

That's a great idea. They love food!
I think they are having an identity crisis. They think they are chickens.

The ducks are 16 weeks old, I don't know if I have a snapping turtle in the pond as I have never seen one, I have lived here for 12 yrs and all I have ever seen was small painted turtles.
I tried to herd the ducks down there about a month ago and they would not go in the water so I haven't tried to force them. They will walk down to about a foot from the water and graze and forage around but they will have nothing to do with "that" water. I can't keep them out of any other water source.
Like you say, I'll let them go when they are ready but it sure would be nice if they got to use the pond full of food and water. The pond is about 40 by 100 foot or so when the water level is down at it's lowest. Mostly sandy bottom with scattered weeds and cattails that surround the perimeter. I have had a few wild ducks visit in the past along with an occasional Heron feeding along the shoreline.

I'm going to look more into the snapping turtle idea and see what I can find.
I have 2 ducks that “lived” in the pond until a couple weeks ago. Now the suddenly won’t go in at all. I was thinking maybe snapping turtle, but have no idea how to be sure or remove it.

Back
Top Bottom