ducks won't swin.

It's not unusual; they will be cautious about anything 'new' to them. Be patient and they will soon be splashing and diving
smile.png

BTW, how old are they?

Last edited:
mine are terrified of water and soo scared of rain its a joke. they will jump through my window to come into the house and they will run in circles to find shelter from the rain. its actually a joke.

In the wild a mother duck may take babies to the water within a day of them hatching- they have to get in if they are to stay with her- and soon get used to swimming and playing in the water- but for those that we hand raise things are very different. Most will dabble in their water- But being taken to a huge bath tub can be terrifying for a young duckling. I have had a few disabled ducks that I have had to teach to swim. Because of deformed legs they have been unable to keep afloat properly- and the only way I have been able to keep them relaxed in he water is to get in with them
smile.png

Fancy a swim in the pond
lau.gif
Failing that...just give them some time. They will soon feel more comfortable in the water.

It's not unusual; they will be cautious about anything 'new' to them. Be patient and they will soon be splashing and diving
smile.png

BTW, how old are they?

three months. it's funny to watch the poor lone white pekin male the coyotes got it's mate last year was soooo excited as were the african geese sam and his girl friend for more company.

mine are terrified of water and soo scared of rain its a joke. they will jump through my window to come into the house and they will run in circles to find shelter from the rain. its actually a joke.

these were the same way when they were little I'm beginning to believe they think they are silkies

Last edited:
Mine are 3 and 1/2 months old and I still can't get them into the neighbor's pond. They would probably go into the water if I were to go into the water, but that is NOT going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom