Ducks

G’Day from down under donnagirl38 :frow Welcome!

I too have no experience with ducks but just wanted to say hello and that I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Just joined. We acquired 10 ducks through a rescue group that I belong to. We have chickens and had talked about ducks - and so we kind of jumped in with both feet and we're scrambling to learn. Nothing like getting critters in the winter in Michigan. :) It's been about 3 weeks now and they've seemed pretty content and they're funny things. We have one duck that is behaving oddly the last few days though and I ended up here trying to figure out what is going on. I look forward to learning a lot more. We have LOTS of questions. :)

Attachments

• 24862316_10155450623613952_8993583084495702917_n.jpg
    24862316_10155450623613952_8993583084495702917_n.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2
Welcome!:welcomeSo happy you joined! I haven't owned ducks before so I don't know too much about them. You should try chickens though they pretty interesting! Especially if you want eggs and tame and friendly animals (depending on breed). Almost everyone on here has or does owns ducks so you will meet a lot of interesting people and interesting threads on here!

Welcome!:welcomeSo happy you joined! I haven't owned ducks before so I don't know too much about them. You should try chickens though they pretty interesting! Especially if you want eggs and tame and friendly animals (depending on breed). Almost everyone on here has or does owns ducks so you will meet a lot of interesting people and interesting threads on here!

We have 8 chickens. That's what we started with and then the need to find a home for the ducks arose.

Back
Top Bottom