Ducky has a fever

MaryThoreson

Chirping
Aug 6, 2018
My drake, Ducky, has been having all sorts of issues. He started life having seizures since I never heard of giving him niacin in his food or apple cider vinegar in his water. When we got that fixed, he developed a wheeze which has just kept getting worse. He's only 6 or 7 weeks old. And has been sick since about the second week we had him. I took him to the vet today and his fever was around 108.3. Doc put him on two antibiotics. He said that all of his air sacs are involved and that he's got the equivalent of pneumonia. That being said, he didn't give me anything for the fever. I have him in the house and put him in the tub in warm water when we got home with him. He's sitting quietly in his box now. I don't know if there is anything I can or should give him for the fever other than the antibiotics the vet gave us. I've never had a sick duck before.

Hi, there! :frow

Just checking in to see how your bird is doing. Updates to these type of threads are quite useful for people in the future experiencing the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom