Due to handling of the breeds temperament?

animal-lover99

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 15, 2013
Connecticut
My 4 week old buff Orpington just loves me I handled her for about 2 minutes a day since week 2 (an extra minute than I handle the other 10) but she just wants to b with me unlike the others who like to play or eat or sleep. When I take her and her chicken buddy's out in the run on a nice day she will either sit on my lap or ankle(in fact she's sitting on my ankle right now!) once in a while the RIR will join her and **** on me too(but the RIR will stay for a minute at most) just wondering if this is the breeds temperament, her temperament (because her sister doesn't care for me much), or due to that extra minute of handling.

My 4 week old buff Orpington just loves me I handled her for about 2 minutes a day since week 2 (an extra minute than I handle the other 10) but she just wants to b with me unlike the others who like to play or eat or sleep. When I take her and her chicken buddy's out in the run on a nice day she will either sit on my lap or ankle(in fact she's sitting on my ankle right now!) once in a while the RIR will join her and **** on me too(but the RIR will stay for a minute at most) just wondering if this is the breeds temperament, her temperament (because her sister doesn't care for me much), or due to that extra minute of handling.
My BO, Ethel is my favorite. She is very friendly and loves a cuddle. Here she is sitting on my lap when she was about 2 weeks old. I have read this is pretty common to this breed. My other affectionate chick is my speckled sussex, Henrietta. The others are happy to get treats but don't love to be held, etc.

Aw she's adorable :)
that's my girl Buttercup

Back
Top Bottom