Dumb Chicks?

Awesome thanks again! I live in Northern Nevada and mine are three weeks right now so another two weeks and I am sure it will be warm enough days and nights for them to be in the coop.

As I understand it, you're using the heating pad for a heat source.  At age three weeks, chicks under the heating pad system will stop using it during the day, or will lounge on top. Typically, chicks using MHP are finished with it by the end of the fourth week at night, too. Those of us using the heating pad system move our chicks into the coop at age five weeks, letting them using the heating pad cave to sleep in for the first few nights, without the pad being turned on. It's a nice transition device, making the move from brooder to coop pretty much painless. Painless for the chicks, too.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that about the transition. BTW, my chicks at a week old have pretty much stopped using the pad during the day, rather they hangout in the sunlight wherever it may be shining at that moment. My pad is set at 4 of 6 now.

Sorry for the interruption
1f61d.png

Back
Top Bottom