Dumb dog won't stop eating chicken poop!

My dogs think the chickens are their personal Pez Candy Dispensers. They follow them around and get the goodies still hot and fresh.

Yuck!!

Yup there is really nothing that can be done. My dogs love chicken poop. I figure my birds are healthy so it won't hurt the dogs. Not that I want any puppy kisses after seeing what they snack on lol.

Usually a dog who eats it's own poop is missing some vital nutrition in its diet............Though there is the occasional case where a dog just loves to eat poop period.

My dogs eat chicken poop, too! We let the girls out for yard time, and our coops get moved all over the yard. We have been cleaning coops, retreiving eggs etc., many a time has one or both of the dogs ended up in the coops & runs. Silly puppies.

We have one really gross dog that loved cat poop (AKA kitty rocca). It took us years to break her of this habit. We just discovered that all four of our dogs love chicken poop and the starter feed too...Yuck.

So I guess it's nice to know I'm not alone in this - since I was mortified to realize what my dog was doing. And I guess I get it - it's normal. but...but... IT'S JUST SO GROSS!! I'm a bit in *shock* at those who consider it a help for the dog to keep the chicken poop licked clean. LOL I mean, come on - my pooch comes in after doing that AND LICKS MY TODDLER'S FACE!!
sickbyc.gif
Y.U.C.K. lol I'm sad to hear there were no suggestions about breaking them of eating it. lol But I will say we did break our dog from her habit of rolling in the poop. She did it 4 days in a row and every time my hubby gave her a VERY unwelcome and very cold bath with the hose. She finally put 2 and 2 together and never did it again.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom