Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
Not exactly a dumbest thing said but a dumbest chicken related story.....
When i was a teen i had a lady from up the road that had a couple ducks decided she wanted some chickens. She decided it would be fun to hatch some eggs and knew i raised chicks and hatched a lot of eggs.
We talked for a while about where to get an incubator and the whole incubating process and she had mentioned she had been reading up on everything. I gave her two dozen eggs.
A little after a week later she stopped by and said none of her eggs hatched. Mentioned she had trouble with getting any humidity to hold. And she wanted more eggs. A t first i thought she had given up on the eggs because of the humidity issue and i was asking if they were still in the incubator and if so to not give up just yet.
She then blew my mind when she mentioned not having an incubator. She said you said to keep it at 100° for 21 days. We didnt want to wait that long so we used our oven and set it at 300° so they should of hatched in 7 days and yesterday was day 7 so i dont think theyre gonna hatch.
OH MY GOSH... I know nothing about hatching, but that is just plain S-T-U-P-I-D! lol!

When i was a teen i had a lady from up the road that had a couple ducks decided she wanted some chickens. She decided it would be fun to hatch some eggs and knew i raised chicks and hatched a lot of eggs.
We talked for a while about where to get an incubator and the whole incubating process and she had mentioned she had been reading up on everything. I gave her two dozen eggs.
A little after a week later she stopped by and said none of her eggs hatched. Mentioned she had trouble with getting any humidity to hold. And she wanted more eggs. A t first i thought she had given up on the eggs because of the humidity issue and i was asking if they were still in the incubator and if so to not give up just yet.
She then blew my mind when she mentioned not having an incubator. She said you said to keep it at 100° for 21 days. We didnt want to wait that long so we used our oven and set it at 300° so they should of hatched in 7 days and yesterday was day 7 so i dont think theyre gonna hatch.
ep.gif

Hahahahhahahhahahha wow that's crazy! You should've asked her back then if it worked that way with human babies too. :)

Great idea. I'll report back in a month or two. Even if it don't change their feather or egg color, it'd be pretty cool to have fluorescent poop in the yard. Gonna feed it to the dogs too. Won't have to clean the bottoms of my shoes again.

Lol you should I wanna know :)

Holy canoli that's just incredible! I would not forget a story like that!

Oh i havent ever forgot and that was almost 30 years ago.
Every now and again i hear someone say "i have some eggs cooking in the incubator" i think to myself... No you really dont but if so you wouldnt be the first.

I really hope that woman does not have any children!! If so, that, in and of itself, is mighty scary!  :oops:

She had two boys and girl. The boys later started a lawn mowing business and i think still do. I always thought ya theres a great idea. Give those two a business that revolves around sharp objects.

Last edited:
Hahahahhahahhahahha wow that's crazy! You should've asked her back then if it worked that way with human babies too. :)
Lol you should I wanna know :)

All i could think of was that i knew she was dead serious and wondering how she managed to not burn her house down.
Ive gotta think she figured out it wasnt working sometime on the first day. I would think something would catch fire before the first day was up. Either the house, the oven, the eggs or all the above.
I really remember thinking how im gonna tell her she was never getting eggs from me again.
Back then was a different time. Back when you respected your elders and listened to them because they knew more than you.
Guess i learned a few things that day.

Last edited:
All i could think of was that i knew she was dead serious and wondering how she managed to not burn her house down.
Ive gotta think she figured out it wasnt working sometime on the first day. I would think something would catch fire before the first day was up. Either the house, the oven, the eggs or all the above.
I really remember thinking how im gonna tell her she was never getting eggs from me again.
Back then was a different time. Back when you respected your elders and listened to them because they knew more than you.
Guess i learned a few things that day.

You can still say "no" respectfully....

Back
Top Bottom