Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I was talking to one of the trainers at the gym about chickens etc. the client he was training looked at me and said "Chickens are a kind of reptile, right?"
I looked at the trainer and walked away
1f633.png
:confused:
NO WORDS
My zoology prof. always referred to all birds as reptiles with feathers. Perhaps someone took it literally lol

Mom keeps the eggs I take her in the fridge. It's the only way to keep them any good length of time, especially in the summer, because of humidity issues. She lives in the high desert. They hit single digit humidity last week and she's only about a mile from the river. Even in the fridge, after a month the eggs are sticking to the shell horribly. She can go three months with them in fall and winter (before they are gone).

Mother Earth News did a test of different preserving methods in the 70s. The fridge did wonders. The counter was still good for several months.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/how-to-store-fresh-eggs-zmaz77ndzgoe

I remember when I was younger I was helping to prepare food at a homeless shelter. I guess the food came from local farms or something. I just remember taking the husks off the corn and having to pull all the caterpillars (?) off from under the husks and I wasn't used to that lol. We moved a lot and lived everywhere from big cities to way out in the country but always got all of our food from the grocery store. I think most of the fruits and vegetables had various little normal bugs in their crevices.

Yup corn ear worms. We always had to cut off the ends when I grew up. I'd be stuck out shucking the latest batch and come across a lot of them. Toss the husks into the plywood sided compost bin. Learned really quick how to swing with just the right angle and force to snap off just the wormy tip.

Lol well I didn't mean inside the flesh like worms in apples. That can be a bit hard to stomach lol

No. They are little caterpillar things at the silk tip on the outside of the cob under the husk. If I remember right, the bug lays eggs on the silk and the larva works it's way in

Dumbest thing I've heard yet.... "I can't buy your eggs because you have a rooster, so there might be a sperm in the egg"... Not kidding! lol!

The lady behind the counter at the post office just asked me today if any of the eggs being shipped to me have ever hatched inside the box during shipping...

here is the best I've heard...."store eggs are bleached to make them white, because they come brown from the farm".....

God these are brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom