Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a friend compare eggs to bread, utterly convinced that brown eggs are healthier because "They're like wheat bread right?"
Doesn't clipping their wings hurt?

"Wow! Those eggs are so small! What kind of hormones did you use to make your chickens lay them that small?"
hmm.png

"They're bantam chickens- a miniature type of chicken."

I have a hen that made some weird noise and this woman said that when a hen sounds like a rooster, it means my wife/husband is going to die. She literally chased it with a machete! The worst part is, im not even married -_- atleast the hen lived though lol.
welcome-byc.gif

It is great to see you here!

Out here in CA hey say Spouse and the Spouse could be any Gender or Status.

Ron

So I'm at Walmart the other day ... getting some dried meal worms for the girls (hens) ... ;-)
Checker: Oh, what are these? Oh gross (once she realized)
Me: They're just dried meal worms...
Checker: So, you going camping?
Me: What? No... you don't understand. It's to feed to our chickens, a treat for them. We don't eat them, the meal worms. (what a loon!)
Checker: Ooooo that's gross, I wouldn't eat any of your eggs! (I didn't offer...)
Me: It's okay, they digest them first....

Walk away now....! ;-)

Last edited:
So I'm at Walmart the other day ... getting some dried meal worms for the girls (hens) ... ;-)
Checker: Oh, what are these? Oh gross (once she realized)
Me: They're just dried meal worms...
Checker: So, you going camping?
Me: What? No... you don't understand. It's to feed to our chickens, a treat for them. We don't eat them, the meal worms. (what a loon!)
Checker: Ooooo that's gross, I wouldn't eat any of your eggs! (I didn't offer...)
Me: It's okay, they digest them first....

Walk away now....! ;-)

The world is better off with her eating battery produced eggs from hens fed who-knows-what.

Not necessarily a stupid thing said by my wife...actually pretty funny, in a sick sort of way!

My oldest hens are at 15 1/2 weeks, and should start laying any time. My other half told them - yeah, you're reading that right - told them that if they don't start laying soon, they're going to find themselves sitting on a grill with a beer can stuck up their butt!

She, of course, wasn't being serious - she loves watching my chicken project, and has become very protective of the girls!

yippiechickie.gif

My first set of girls were a late hatch last year, so no eggs from them last year or over the winter. Once spring time rolled around I was (not so) patiently waiting for those first eggs to appear. My DD (15) went out and told them that if they did not start laying they were gonna be soup. Danged if one of them didn't start laying the very next day!

Be patient. It's worth the wait. I am only a couple weeks ahead of you, and I am now looking for creative ways to use eggs!

Which brings me to MY dumb question.

I just made flan for dessert tonight. I was happily cracking eggs into the mixing bowl, and my largest (so far) turned out to be a double-yolker. Which was cool, because the recipe called for 3 eggs plus 2 yolks. But, I got to thinking, do double yolk eggs ever go full term and hatch out twins? I've only had the girls since March, and haven't been around a hatch, but from pictures I've seen, I can't imagine that 2 chicks could actually make it to hatching time in one egg, and unlike a mammalian environment, there is no "expansion".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom