Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of my kids and their teachers one day. We are the type we do not beat around the bush when it comes to reproduction and preventing it. We boarded on a small farm where they kept race horses, a few pigs, and goats. The neighboring ranch had their herd bull out with heifers several times a year. So my kids seen the act more times than I can count. They also witnessed us removing the ability of several large males on several occasion. One time sets in my mind when I got a call from the school.
Teacher: Can you come talk to us about something your daughter said?
Me: Sure thinking great shes heard something from her father again and repeated it.
Teacher: Your daughter used the term cutting off the horses B*(&S
Me: Umm ok
Teacher: Where would she learn something like this?
Me: Umm well probably me
My daughter at the time was only 9 or 10 had gone to school and talked about the "gelding" party we would be having at the barn. Several of us had gotten together and brought our horses in to be gelded. Teacher asked what gelding meant. She informed her that it was cutting off a male horses "B*&&S". Also known as their testicals. Teacher found this appalling and while I agree she could have used a better term it WAS my fault.

I am appalled at the lack of interest in the basic parts of life and death in todays youth. My step-daughter has no clue how to cook. I have a friend the same way. When I mentioned to another friend I sometimes killed and ate my own chickens I was told it was cruel and inhumane. She works at a Tyson beef plant. Apparently my home grown home raised chickens are nastier than her tyson raised chickens. They apparently get a discount on all Tyson products.
That may be one of the most absurd statements I've ever read. Tyson just might be the most morally devoid company on the planet.

For all our well-meaning but uneducated friends who say they'd never eat anything that came from the butt of a hen, technically an egg doesn't. While it does emerge from a common vent, as it emerges it pushes the opening from the intestine shut, as the second drawing on this page show. Otherwise, the egg would be covered with chicken poop.

http://www.afn.org/~poultry/egghen.htm

I guess if you really wanted to gross them out you could ask if they thought mammals were born from the tukus.

Think you for the correction! I appreciate being corrected when i have made a grammatical error . i even read it over a few times going, that really doesn't look right! Another thing that happened that was pretty funny was my neighbor came over the other day and says to ne and my husband, "your hens were crowing this morning!" i turned and pointed to the roostersosters and said "those are roosters, not hens." the worst part is, she has hens and a rooster and I hear him crow all the time! She hasn't been back over since.
This is funny but mostly because you actually got it wrong too, they are in fact wattles. Waddles is what ducks do :). So he's got turkeys and you have ducks lol

Sorry couldn't help myself!!

So not a dumb thing just fun to do...

For a fun time try calling extended stay hotels and when they ask you if you have any pets (because site says pets allowed, not specific at to what kind of pets) say oh just the three chickens but they are rather quiet. That was fun to do to the Sheridan, with rooms at $120 a night, discount for extended stay.

I am in the middle of moving and she asked about my pets, I could not resist.
I would love to try that.
lau.gif

I get this one at least once a week at school:

Kid: "OMG! You eat your chickens eggs? You're so cruel!"
Me: "Uhhh... Why?"
Kid: "You're eating their babies!"
Me: "The eggs are unfertalized and I don't let my chickens sit on them so... yeah."
Kid: "So! You're still eating them!"

This wouldn't bother me too much except that I have to endure this AT LEAST once a week by some ignorant teen. It's also annoying because after I tell them "actually, they're not babies" the kid will continue to pester me. Where do they think their eggs come from????? I know all of these kids have also been through health class, so they should understand that my chickens are not asexual reproducers. They need to breeeeeeed to have babies, and I don't have a rooster.

Please excuse my raging.

I get this one at least once a week at school:

Kid: "OMG! You eat your chickens eggs? You're so cruel!"
Me: "Uhhh... Why?"
Kid: "You're eating their babies!"
Me: "The eggs are unfertalized and I don't let my chickens sit on them so... yeah."
Kid: "So! You're still eating them!"

This wouldn't bother me too much except that I have to endure this AT LEAST once a week by some ignorant teen. It's also annoying because after I tell them "actually, they're not babies" the kid will continue to pester me. Where do they think their eggs come from????? I know all of these kids have also been through health class, so they should understand that my chickens are not asexual reproducers. They need to breeeeeeed to have babies, and I don't have a rooster.

Please excuse my raging.

Really gross them out and tell them that a chicken laying an unfertilized egg is like a woman having that time of the month only the chickens is in a shell. Then ask how many they would like with their hash... also inform them that the store bought eggs are scientifically no different.

Really gross them out and tell them that a chicken laying an unfertilized egg is like a woman having that time of the month only the chickens is in a shell. Then ask how many they would like with their hash... also inform them that the store bought eggs are scientifically no different.
Which time of the month are you referring to? Ovulation, I hope. But I have never heard ovulation called "that time of the month".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom