Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
We make mac and cheese from scratch. It doesn't taste the same but it's good. Almost everything that comes out of a package contains artificial flavor. Check the ingredient list.
Artificial flavor is a huge industry. It may taste as good or better but it isn't food.

thumbsup.gif

quite a few of my friends think I'm crazy b/c I make my own bread, butter, and a whole host of other things. Once you learn how to do it effectively it doesn't take much time at all.

Plus, the purchase of my wonderful kitchen aid mixer in 2009 has made a huge difference.
wink.png
I now prefer my natural tasting food over the artificial stuff. We rarely go out to eat anymore b/c my food taste better.

oh, and to answer the most common come back I hear, yes I have a full time job and two teenagers and a husband to keep up with as well. If you want something you will find the time.

:thumbsup
quite a few of my friends think I'm crazy b/c I make my own bread, butter, and a whole host of other things. Once you learn how to do it effectively it doesn't take much time at all.

Plus, the purchase of my wonderful kitchen aid mixer in 2009 has made a huge difference.;) I now prefer my natural tasting food over the artificial stuff. We rarely go out to eat anymore b/c my food taste better. 

oh, and to answer the most common come back I  hear, yes I have a full time job and two teenagers and a husband to keep up with as well. If you want something you will find the time.

Agree %100. I have ...I don't know now...70+...maybe +++, chickens, heehee, and we have a huge garden every year. TONS of landscaping, and my husbands a big hunter. 2 small children. You said it exactly right! If you want something, you find the time. Nothing beats home-grown, canned and cooked.

One idiot (BTW I'm vegan) said, " when u gonna cook those" and I say never and hes like, "but chickens are food not animals" and I'm like :hmm
I have a question, and bare with me, do you eat your own eggs? If not, do you keep your chickens just as pets, and what do you do with your eggs?

I have a question, and bare with me, do you eat your own eggs? If not, do you keep your chickens just as pets, and what do you do with your eggs?

You'll get a million answers on this one. I know a couple people with chickens, that don't eat eggs. Weird, I know.
I got chickens again later in life for fertilizer. But the eggs still taste good. I usually have anywhere from 30-100. Many times, most of them are chicks or adolescents but, depending on time of year, I get anywhere from 2 to 30 eggs a day.

Agree with you CC. The stuff in the average shopping cart is questionable in terms of providing an adequate diet. Fast, processed food, most of it. A visitor was totally perplexed when I made mac and cheese from scratch one evening while she was visiting. If it didn't come out of a box, with a little cheese packet, or out of a jar, it was a totally foreign concept to her. I'm sure it was even more perplexing when I didn't pull out a cook book to perform this feat of gourmet cooking! It becomes a vicious circle when folks are running the rat race, too busy to even climb off that wheel long enough to slow down and sit for a family meal. Harder, still to take the time to cook a real balanced meal, when running the race. Add the advertising hype that considers a fruit roll up to be a healthy snack... and... oh, just get me a ladder, so I can climb down off my soap box... again!

I had a co-worker whom said her kids wouldn't eat that or any other mac and cheese unless it was the velveta mac and cheese shell shaped pasta with the squeeze packet, I told her the kids where spoiled and there was something wrong with her parenting. she said I was mean. I guess I and many other people in this world are"mean".

I had a co-worker whom said her kids wouldn't eat that or any other mac and cheese unless it was the velveta mac and cheese shell shaped pasta with the squeeze packet, I told her the kids where spoiled and there was something wrong with her parenting. she said I was mean. I guess I and many other people in this world are"mean".
maybe I'm old fashioned. My kids always got a choice for meals. Take it or leave it. It's amazing how often they decided mom's cooking wasn't so bad.

You'll get a million answers on this one. I know a couple people with chickens, that don't eat eggs. Weird, I know.
I got chickens again later in life for fertilizer. But the eggs still taste good. I usually have anywhere from 30-100. Many times, most of them are chicks or adolescents but, depending on time of year, I get anywhere from 2 to 30 eggs a day.
I'm interested in veganism, because it doesn't make sense to me. I don't judge people for being vegan, as long as everyone can live and let live, I don't care what people eat, but I have never understood why people don't eat eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom