Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me of the posting about the person who couldn't understand why the deer didn't follow the "Deer Crossing" signs and cross where they were supposed to.
One of my neighbours got her panties in a twist over (another) kangaroo crossing sign on the road out of town. I asked what her problem with it was and she said she didn't think it was a good place for them to cross and that we shouldn't encourage them. I couldn't even.

WOW...

Putting up a sign encourages animals to cross.......

I am thinking I need an " Alien landing zone" sign to encourage little green men and women to visit. If it works for deer and kangaroos, it should work on aliens.

Of course, If I did put the sign up I would probably just get Cuban refugees.

WOW...

I am thinking I need an " Alien landing zone" sign to encourage little green men and women to visit. If it works for deer and kangaroos, it should work on aliens.

Good idea either way. They can help us clean our coops!

A lady I know told me that they really need to post Deer signs all down a road we live by. I told her there are 2 or 3 on that stretch of road and she said "I see deer everywhere on that road. Not just by the signs!"

I think she meant that, unless there's a sign, people won't expect deer in that particular place. I guess. for the benefit of people like her, they COULD place signs side to side for a 1/2 mile or more - just to be on the safe side, ya know! Or, how about one large sign that's 1/2 mile long?

Can you believe you're out on the road with these people? Scary, huh.

Now, regarding deer crossing the road, this problem of the signs never being at the right place when the deer crosses the road has a very easy solution. Legislation should be passed to require each and every deer to carry his or her own "Warning, deer crossing" sign with them when crossing the road. There! Problem solved. I should have been a legislator.

I think I just wet myself.

WOW...

Only works in Miami.

I think she meant that, unless there's a sign, people won't expect deer in that particular place. I guess. for the benefit of people like her, they COULD place signs side to side for a 1/2 mile or more - just to be on the safe side, ya know! Or, how about one large sign that's 1/2 mile long?

Can you believe you're out on the road with these people? Scary, huh.

I actually saw a thing about how the highways in Alaska (I think) were designed, they have fences on both sides, with 1 way spring loaded gates to allow moose OFF the road but not on it... kind of surprised that they haven't started doing that everywhere for the deer... And of course they are now trying to re-introduce elk... as if a 150 pound buck wasn't bad enough if you hit it, have a 500-1,000 pound stag....

I actually saw a thing about how the highways in Alaska (I think) were designed, they have fences on both sides, with 1 way spring loaded gates to allow moose OFF the road but not on it...
What an excellent idea. Do the moose have to push on the gate? And if so, how do they know to do it?

I actually saw a thing about how the highways in Alaska (I think) were designed, they have fences on both sides, with 1 way spring loaded gates to allow moose OFF the road but not on it... kind of surprised that they haven't started doing that everywhere for the deer... And of course they are now trying to re-introduce elk... as if a 150 pound buck wasn't bad enough if you hit it, have a 500-1,000 pound stag....

Wow, what a waste of tax dollars IMHO, The moose, I think, would only push the fence if forced too, I doubt they are smart enough to say to themselves " Gee, I wonder if I push that fence, if it will let me out of here."

This sounds more like a "feel good " idea proposed by PETA or other animal rights groups.

I did a google search on this and found nothing, I did see a fence proposed on one highway up there, but it had "gaps" to let the moose back out. The state biologist claim it will increase traffic accidents by allowing the moose onto the roadway and trapping them there between gaps.. If anyone finds a article on these pop up fences I am interesting in reading about them,,thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom