Dumped cockerel/rooster /How do we catch it?

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Not sure if this is the correct spot to post so please move it if it isn't.

Someone dumped a cockerel/rooster in our neighborhood and now it's hiding in my neighbor's backyard. They're not home and I'm not sure when they will be. My dad said that he'd talked to them if they showed up so that we can get it out.
They don't have a gate or anything on our side so it's quite open for cars or people to walk in.

I threw a bit of flock raiser in a spot where the neighbor's wouldn't see it but that the rooster would find it.
Nobody in the neighborhood has a trap to catch it nor do they have any spare nets.

The cockerel/rooster looks similar to a BLR Wyandotte but I didn't get a great look at the comb. That should give an idea of what it looks like.
It's very very scared of us, which is why it's hiding.

We heard it crow but it sounded very lame and quiet.

What would be the best way for 2 people to catch it??

Too bad nobody here has any for us to use
If you ever see any at a yard sale or something for cheap, maybe consider picking it up just to have on hand. I just did that recently. Didn't necessarily have a use for it that day but I have guineas and they're ridiculous to try to catch. 🤦

If you ever see any at a yard sale or something for cheap, maybe consider picking it up just to have on hand. I just did that recently. Didn't necessarily have a use for it that day but I have guineas and they're ridiculous to try to catch. 🤦
I've tried. Seems to be a need here as everywhere I've looked at is out

Back
Top Bottom