Dunlap Hatchery Birds

tippy33

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 26, 2012
Hi I was thinking about ordering birds from Dunlap and was curious what everybody thought of their quality of birds? Thanks.
smile.png

Probably a little late to be responding to this since you posted it a while ago. I live in Nampa Idaho which is the town next to Caldwell where Dunlap's is located. I have purchased birds from them for the past three years. Their Australorps are awesome. I have raised their Easter Eggers (they call them araucanas) Buff Orpingtons, Silver laced Wyandottes, Cornish Cross, Sagitas, Light Brahmas, Barred Rocks, White Rocks, Black sex link, Golden sex link, Brown and White leghorns. All with the exception of the Sagitas have been good, I would not recommend the Sagitas for meat or eggs. I also have raised a couple batches of turkeys and ducks from them. Of all they chicks I have gotten, there have been low mortality rates and good overall production. I pick up the chicks, poults, ducklings etc. directly from the hatchery each Spring.

I currently have a batch of chicks and ducklings brooding that I got from their 1st hatch on Feb 12th. Of 50 birds there has been one mortality so far, everyone else looks happy and healthy. Their Welsh Harlequin ducklings are the calmest ducklings I have ever had, there are 6 and none of them mind being picked up.

Probably a little late to be responding to this since you posted it a while ago. I live in Nampa Idaho which is the town next to Caldwell where Dunlap's is located. I have purchased birds from them for the past three years. Their Australorps are awesome. I have raised their Easter Eggers (they call them araucanas) Buff Orpingtons, Silver laced Wyandottes, Cornish Cross, Sagitas, Light Brahmas, Barred Rocks, White Rocks, Black sex link, Golden sex link, Brown and White leghorns. All with the exception of the Sagitas have been good, I would not recommend the Sagitas for meat or eggs. I also have raised a couple batches of turkeys and ducks from them. Of all they chicks I have gotten, there have been low mortality rates and good overall production. I pick up the chicks, poults, ducklings etc. directly from the hatchery each Spring.

I currently have a batch of chicks and ducklings brooding that I got from their 1st hatch on Feb 12th. Of 50 birds there has been one mortality so far, everyone else looks happy and healthy. Their Welsh Harlequin ducklings are the calmest ducklings I have ever had, there are 6 and none of them mind being picked up.
Thanks for the response will for sure be ordering from them!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom