Dunlap Hatchery Chicks?

chickenchick12

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 21, 2014
Hi everyone!
My 4-H cub is planning to order chicks from Dunlap Hatchery and I have been researching the chicks that it offers. I thought that the Silver Laced Polish looked great for my project. Has anyone here ever ordered from Dunlap? Have you ordered SLPs? They didn't have a picture so I couldn't tell if their SLPs were good quality. If you have ordered from there please feel free to show me pictures of your birds. Thank you! I just though that I would doublecheck with you guys to make sure that they provide good chickens.
Thanks tons!

~chickenchick

Last edited:
I am wondering if anyone here has gotten hatching eggs from Dunlap and how their hatches turned out. The batch that my club got last year was terrible; they all died inside the eggs. Has anyone else had better luck?
Please help!

~Montana

I am wondering if anyone here has gotten hatching eggs from Dunlap and how their hatches turned out. The batch that my club got last year was terrible; they all died inside the eggs. Has anyone else had better luck?
Please help!

~Montana

Where in Montana are you? I *think* Bridger Feeds in Bozeman usually orders from Dunlap. I've gotten Buff Orpington chickens and Pekin Ducks from there, typical hatchery birds.

Regarding hatching eggs--if you're just doing it as a project on hatching, get some local eggs. Again, where in Montana will make a difference--the humidity and altitude can be an issue. I'm certainly no expert on hatching eggs (I usually have hatch rates of 2/5), I would think dying in the eggs is more likely a humidity issue than a source or shipping problem. Get that squared away with cheap, local eggs before paying big bucks to have eggs shipped.

Back
Top Bottom