Duramycin 72-200 HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by esoaksranch, Feb 24, 2013.

1. esoaksranch

esoaksranch Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2011
    Hi I have some "hoarse" chickens and some that are sneezing. I picked up Duramycin 72-200 injectable today and was needing a dosage! Please help!

2. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    idk about the injectable but you can call the manufacturer and they should help you figure it out. I did that when I was trying to figure the dosage for something and the manufacturer was very helpful. The water soluble kind you want to use 4 tsp per gallon, Duramycin is pretty weak.

3. Michael Apple

Michael Apple Overrun With Chickens

Mar 6, 2008
    Northern California
    For respiratory symptoms like you described, Tylan 50 is recommended. 1/2 cc under the skin on the back of the neck. If the bird's over 5 lbs., give an additional 1/2 cc in the breast muscle. If you have many birds to treat, mix half Chlortetracycline powder with half Gallimycin powder dry in a jar. Add a generous teaspoon per gallon of water for 14 days. Look up Chronic Respiratory Disease.

4. jflanny

jflanny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2013
    Newnan Ga
    I got Doxycycline oral from my vet 2.7 ml for a 5 lb RIR hen that has been suffering severe respiratory symptoms. She seems to have responded well . Not out of the woods yet but the rattle and sneezing has abated and she is eating and drinking after not eating for several days. I am hopeful.

5. fwinstead

fwinstead New Egg

Dec 12, 2014
    did you ever figure out the dosage of this? I just picked this up from the feed store because they did not have Tylan50. once a day or twice a day? thanks for any help I cannot find a dose?

6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Look here for dosing:

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by