Durvet Oxytetracycline dosages??

calamtykel

Chirping
10 Years
Jun 2, 2009
One of my hens is having respiratory issues - I was given oxytetracycline in the 4+ ounce packet of powder by the feed store, who also has hens and uses this. I have no clue how to dose - all it says on the outside is that it makes 512 gallons at the 200mg concentration, 256 gallons at the 400mg concentration, etc. I asked the feed store lady and she says that she puts a teaspoon in one gallon of water when she treats her hens! That seems like a high concentration based on the label??? Or am I doing the math wrong??

IT IS 2.5 OZS PER GALLON
SO SHE IS ABOUT RIGHT
i WOULD USE 2 TSP PER GALLON AS IT IS NOT REALLY A HIGH DOSAGE FOR THE TERRMYCINE

IT IS NOT A STRONG ANTIBIOTIC ANY WAY
AND YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE WATER EVERY 8 HRS AS IT DETERIORATES WITH WATER AND TIME

this is for the whole flock as they give germs in the waterer to the other hens

with all that said be sure and know if it is for hens
are any of the family that eats the eggs allergic to terramycin?
you do not use the eggs while medicating them
you use it for 10 days?

if so then wait till you quit feeding it and then 10 more days with out using the eggs

any questions email me

thank you! Unfortunately I would have to treat the whole flock since they free range and it's impossible to isolate her. So I guess it would be a 10 day treatment...and then 10 days off, so 20 days without using the eggs? We don't have any mycin allergies here, but we do have doxycycline allergies and I guess this is in the cycline family...... Good to know; I hadn't thought of that. Definitely want to make sure it's ALL gone from their systems!

OF COURSE AFTER FEEDING TERRAMYCIN TO THE FLOCK IT WILL HELP THEM TO GET THE WET MASH PROBIOTIC WITH VIT E ALSO

I don't know how many hens that you have so will make the recipe for individual hen
then ,ulti[ply the amt for one hen times the amt of hens feeding the wet nash probiotic with vit E
then the most important part will be the feeding of wet mash probiotic's with vit's

for one hen
3 tbsp of crumble feed
4 tbsp of milk any kind
2 tbsp of yoguart

Now the important part
1/2 cup of wheat germ oil pure not blended

this will help their gut flora and nervous systems

do this twice a week till they seem very happy

I would do this for a week or sothen go to once a week for life
this should help the situation immensly

please email me the results so I can help you with any questions

They're already on a food grade DE supplement which has a probiotic in it (wormguard non chemical). Is that enough probiotic?

However, I have a small problem, and that is that I have a little crossbeak chicken who eats mash (it's the only way she can get food). The others have decided that they like mash too, better than the crumbles! Therefore I'm just making big pan of it each morning for everyone.
Thus, now they are drinking much less water....since they're getting it in their mash. They still have the feeder with the dry feed but they seem to prefer the mash.
hmm.png

Is that going to throw off their dosages?
I have 14 laying hens (11 mos old) and 11 four month old hens.......

Back
Top Bottom