Dust and Grit

Kneedles

Songster
7 Years
Jul 22, 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
Two questions about products that I have bought for my King Quail:

1. Because I have yet to buy any quail-only dust for the quail to bathe in, I bought some chinchilla dust from a pet shop today on the off-chance that it would have the same effect. I do not think that it is suitable for my quail; can somebody confirm my suspicion?

2. Do quails need grit for anything? I bought some for my quail a while ago, but I cannot remember whether or not I was actually meaning to buy dust at the time.

Thanks in advance.

Two questions about products that I have bought for my King Quail:

1. Because I have yet to buy any quail-only dust for the quail to bathe in, I bought some chinchilla dust from a pet shop today on the off-chance that it would have the same effect. I do not think that it is suitable for my quail; can somebody confirm my suspicion?

2. Do quails need grit for anything? I bought some for my quail a while ago, but I cannot remember whether or not I was actually meaning to buy dust at the time.

Thanks in advance.
they only need grit if you feed them treats cuz their crumbles are water soluble apparently ( I'll learn this from DC)

If your quail are outdoors then chinchilla dust is a big waste of money. Way too expensive for quail to throw out during their dust bathing. Get a bag of play sand at your local DIY store. Cheap and it works.

Back
Top Bottom