Dusting Sulphur???

Chix-in-GA

Songster
11 Years
Nov 17, 2008
Nashville, GA
Hi all...Just got back from the local Feed store with a question.

I know that I should dust my birds for mites...seeing as how I am new to the chicken thing I went to the feed store to ask what I should use. The nice guy at the store gave me "Hi-Yield dusting sulphur".

Is this OK to dust my chickens with? And can I dust my young RIR, they are 12 weeks old?

Thanks in advance to all you chicken guru's...
bow.gif

Last edited:
Apparently you got it from the Nashville Feed Store..No doubt it will kill lice and mites, But I would not use it on poultry or pets..If it were me I would take it back and ask for 5% sevin..If they don't have it I'm sure Mrs Griner does..Fred's has it also....

Yet again you are my local 411 for everything. I never thought of Freds...Funny. I think i will not go to the Feed store anymore.

Thanks again

He might mean a product called Dri-Kill which is a mixture of sulfur and rotenone, I have a container as a precaution against mites, ticks, lice...good instructions on container, use mainly around vents and under wings. Can be sprinkled on bedding, on roosts and in nests, too. I haven't been able to find Sevin yet, and I know Miss Prissy and many other folks here like it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom