DYarbro97's Coop Build (Witchita Inspired)

Got some wire cut and put in and got the roof on my nest box. Any suggestions on flashing to keep the nest box dry, metal will eventually break from opening and closing the box, so I am open to opinions.

I got more hardware cloth up and trimmed it out

Slapped some redwood stain on it

Door into the run trimmed out, just have to stain it

I still have to put the "kicker" plate on the back, stain some more of it, finish my apron and plant some new sod.

Got it finished and found some tenants.

Nesting boxes

Sand inside for the floor

Front porch, ramp and pop door.

Wow! That is a gorgeous coop, very well done! I'm jealous, I had to modify old horse stalls for my coop. It works, for now, but I would love to build a new one someday. That is a great design.

That is absolutely beautiful! I love the rustic look you achieved with the pallets & red stain, but the building style makes it also look sophisticated.

My favorite part is the brick path between the run and the fence. I'm sure it was for practical reasons (like so you don't have to squeeze back there with the edger), but it LOOKS awesome. Almost as if your chickens are a gallery painting and that's the observation area.

Very, very cool!

Wow! That is a gorgeous coop, very well done! I'm jealous, I had to modify old horse stalls for my coop. It works, for now, but I would love to build a new one someday. That is a great design.

Thank you, feel free to copy what you want or ask any questions, as you can see that's what I did.

That is absolutely beautiful! I love the rustic look you achieved with the pallets & red stain, but the building style makes it also look sophisticated.

My favorite part is the brick path between the run and the fence. I'm sure it was for practical reasons (like so you don't have to squeeze back there with the edger), but it LOOKS awesome. Almost as if your chickens are a gallery painting and that's the observation area.

Very, very cool!

Thank you, I was going for the old red barn look. The pavers by the fence are there because there for 2 reasons, They were cheaper than hardware cloth, and my neighbor has all kinds of flowers and when this was our garden area, we had all kind of stuff growing under the fence so it keeps me from having to fight the unknown plants. My 2 kids love walking back there to see them, but it is only about 16" so it was/is a tight fit for me to get back there.

Back
Top Bottom