Dying chicks

Ceirrarayne

Hatching
May 5, 2021
I have 2 month old chicks that were happy and healthy yesterday and 3 have died today. The last 2 that died I noticed this after noon They were just wanting to lay down and 2 1/2 hours later they died. Any ideas what could be happening or how I can help the remaining ones? I have about 2 dozen left.

If they were mine I'd start them on Corid asap.
IMG_20210505_211808.jpg
IMG_20210505_211834.jpg

I read about that. I'm going to the feed store today. But how much do I give them? The bottle says 1fl Oz for every 100lbs ?
If you get the powder form, the emergency dose is 1.5 tsp mixed into one gallon of water for 5 days (offer as their only source of drinking water to assure they drink it) then repeat in one week.

.... also, dose all the chicks. Bigger birds should be fine but coccidiosis is highly contagious to young birds who don’t have immunity yet and it’s EVERYWHERE.

OK thank you very much. I made some electrolyte water To give them this morning until I can get to the feed store after work hopefully that will help them until I can get the medicine.

When one chicken is diagnosed with cocci, the entire flock must be treated. 9.5cc of liquid amprolium (brand name Corid) per gallon of water for 4 days. in 2 weeks, they were again medicated for 3 additional days.

Be sure to make it fresh daily.

Back
Top Bottom