E-Bay Eggs On The Way!

Candled my 32 eggs today on day 7 of incubation, 6 didn't make it, maybe a couple of the dark brown ones, green ones that i can't tell for sure and ond one spreckled green one that i'm wishful thinking because the egg color is so cool looking. 26 in the bator now. :D

Threw away a rotton egg out of the incubator yesterday, noticed brown splotchy color on egg and found it stuck to the turner with dried goo, so tossed the egg. This morning, thought i saw a little discoloration on a green egg a d tossed it out the back door a d to my horror a little peeping chick popped out of the shell! :eek: Picked up the poor little fellow and put him in a little zip lock bag with the sides rolled down so he can breath and plugged in the hatcher and put him in. He still has a big yolk sac but i thought if i put a little olive oil on the in the plastic bag it will keep his yolk from sticking to the sides of the bag a d be might make it. Surprisingly he popped out without any bleeding or anything. Was due to hatch the 11th, so he's 4 days early. Won't be so quick to toss eggs next time, should have ca dled it first. :/

5 1/2 Hours later he's still hanging in there, put a dish of water in the brooder to keep it moist so his yolk sac doesn't dry out, he chirping a lot, making lots of noise, i'm beginning to think he might be a tough little chick and make it.

good luck with the little guy, must have been an awful sight. you've done well giving him a chance to make it. bet he she will be a special little one if all goes well.

Best of luck!
thumbsup.gif
Chicks are survivors, and if given the chance, he should absorb the yolk sac. Just make sure it stays moist and he doesn't rupture it.

Thank you Silkienrescues and Gitabooks. Chicks are sure a lot more tough than ducklings because I'm just amazed that he seems to be doing good. The little plastic bag is keeping him contained from moving around to much and stepping on his own yolk, it's amazing he's standing up already, keeping my fingers crossed. It's a EE chick too, hoping my EE'ers make it cause i love those green eggs.

Woke up this am to cheeping, thought my baby was still alive, but no he didn't make it, but a chick had hatched in the incubator and was running around in there already. Looks like i was 2 days off on my calculation, the 9th is 21 days, not the 11th. You'd think i could handle simple math. As of 4pm several eggs pipped, but no others hatched and not seeming to make any progress, so i helped several of them 1/2 way and waiting to see if they make it, don't understand why 1 has no troube, but all the other do. My Bresse don't look like they are going to make it, they are the weakest of the lot, the Bresse eggs are the smallest set, but the chicks that hatch are the biggest chicks, seems like they grow to big in the shell before they hatch. 18 eggs still in there, keeping my fingers crossed. Photo of the litte tough guy who hatched overnight.

Here's 5 babies in the brooder, three are in the dryer and 8 still 1/2 way hatched in the incubator, hopefully they will make it too. Looks like 3 of the 8 Bresse are gonna make it. Except for the 1st one that hatched by himself, i helped every single one of the others out of the shell. Looks like i get a couple of real wild colored Americauna crosses, they are so cute. Couple of the big black astralorpes too, just love the jet black chicks. Hatched my very first white egg, the chick inside was dark colored. Couple of giant white chicks in a couple of very brown eggs, one died and i think the other one is not gonna make it. Have no idea what breed they might be, the egg lady i bought these from said she has Americaunas, Astralorpes, Reds, and Barred Rocks, so have no idea where these big white chicks came from, maybe she has a Leghorn or two also.

Here's 5 babies in the brooder, three are in the dryer and 8 still 1/2 way hatched in the incubator, hopefully they will make it too. Looks like 3 of the 8 Bresse are gonna make it. Except for the 1st one that hatched by himself, i helped every single one of the others out of the shell. Looks like i get a couple of real wild colored Americauna crosses, they are so cute. Couple of the big black astralorpes too, just love the jet black chicks. Hatched my very first white egg, the chick inside was dark colored. Couple of giant white chicks in a couple of very brown eggs, one died and i think the other one is not gonna make it. Have no idea what breed they might be, the egg lady i bought these from said she has Americaunas, Astralorpes, Reds, and Barred Rocks, so have no idea where these big white chicks came from, maybe she has a Leghorn or two also.

Shame about the little one but you did all you could, the others sound like they are a mixed bag, will be interesting watching the feather out. good luck for the last 8.

Congrats on the chicks! I hope the rest hatch healthy and strong.

Back
Top Bottom