E-Bay Peacock egg sellers

DMFarm,,keep up the good work!!! Got this reply back from the Super Java breeder on E-Bay,

" I don't think it's any of your business how I get my eggs, this is a legitimate auction and I've sold eggs on eBay before and have never had an issue. If you feel like this is a scam or fraud then please feel free to not bid on my product, but I assure you that this is legit".
Funny they never replied back about using pictures of birds stolen off other breeders websites,,yet they stand firmly the auction is legit,,they want people to trust them,,while the ad itself (Or previous ads) is fake with stolen pictures

Last edited:
I have never bought peafowl eggs but I like to leave accurate feedback on the others I have purchased. I wait a week, candle to see how well they're developing and then leave feedback, although most seller want you to leave feedback as soon as you receive. If few are developing I will just note that and that it could have been a shipping problem. If most are developing I leave feedback as such saying I would gladly buy from seller again. Wish more would do this so a buyer would have a better idea than just "the eggs arrived in great shape."

ranit,,I sent a BYC'er here eggs two weeks ago,,they was packaged great,used bubble wrap and wood shavings,when they got the box,3 eggs was broken and most all air sacks was loose,she said it looked like the box had been kicked on one side,,,I'm probably 1 of the very few who does not sell eggs from a given pen until I know every hen in that pen is laying fertile eggs,,when you have 2 hens and get 2 eggs one night you know both hens have laid,,they go in my bator and in 10 days I candle them,if dark I have confirmed both hens have been bred and their eggs will be fertile for another 10 days at least,if they aren't bred again.
Leaving feedback the way you do,would be very unfair for a seller like me.If you did buy from me,and no air sacks was floating when you got the eggs,,the ones that show no development should be broken open to look for the bullseye,,proving they was fertile. Then I would encourage followup feedback.Even eggs arriving in perfect condition will not hatch,,,is this the sellers fault too? But to discount a seller when shipping and your incubation practices plays into your feedback of what I've sold you,kinda lumps the selling all the way thru hatching part of the feedback-Cradle to Grave,so to speak,,.Your power goes out for a day because of a bad storm ,,and your incubator is off,,so this too would be negative feedback on my account? You have a temp spike during the day when your not home to see it,,and all was developing,but none hatches,,this too would be feedback against me?

For those of you who do buy eggs on Ebay-the seller I was talking about on a previous post who had 3 ebay ID's last year and had added another one this year. This same seller has added another ID and is using someone else's photos. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

ranit,,I sent a BYC'er here eggs two weeks ago,,they was packaged great,used bubble wrap and wood shavings,when they got the box,3 eggs was broken and most all air sacks was loose,she said it looked like the box had been kicked on one side,,,I'm probably 1 of the very few who does not sell eggs from a given pen until I know every hen in that pen is laying fertile eggs,,when you have 2 hens and get 2 eggs one night you know both hens have laid,,they go in my bator and in 10 days I candle them,if dark I have confirmed both hens have been bred and their eggs will be fertile for another 10 days at least,if they aren't bred again.
Leaving feedback the way you do,would be very unfair for a seller like me.If you did buy from me,and no air sacks was floating when you got the eggs,,the ones that show no development should be broken open to look for the bullseye,,proving they was fertile. Then I would encourage followup feedback.Even eggs arriving in perfect condition will not hatch,,,is this the sellers fault too? But to discount a seller when shipping and your incubation practices plays into your feedback of what I've sold you,kinda lumps the selling all the way thru hatching part of the feedback-Cradle to Grave,so to speak,,.Your power goes out for a day because of a bad storm ,,and your incubator is off,,so this too would be negative feedback on my account? You have a temp spike during the day when your not home to see it,,and all was developing,but none hatches,,this too would be feedback against me?I
I agree. I leave feedback based on how they were received, not whether they hatch or not. If I have a good hatch, I will leave followup feedback. It is not the sellers fault if the post office xrays the package or whether they leave the box sitting in the hot sun, etc. If I receive a box of eggs that were obviously damaged because of poor packing, I will contact the seller first. I sell eggs as well as buy them. Many sellers have quit selling because buyers expect every egg to be fertile and hatch. I do my best to make sure all of the eggs I send out are fertile and clean. Once they leave here everything else is out of my control. And penalizing the seller, because of something the buyer or the post office did, is not right.

I think we need to start a thread specific to shipped eggs,,especially on those who recieve the boxes beat up,with pics showing the mistreatment they get.Then pics taken of the contents,,possibly because of excellent egg wrapping some beat up boxes may not have broken eggs inside,Along with the good packagers,the poor ones as well,,maybe it would help first time shippers see just what those eggs can and do go thru in route to the buyer? I'm packing up about 20 eggs tonight for Georgialee here on BYC because her last shipment looked like a football team had kicked the box before it arrived,,it was sent 2 day USPS,,the eggs was bubble wrapped,surrounded in sawdust,,and then this box was covered with aluminum foil,,she says all air sacks was broken but today reports that 4 of them shows development,,,but I'm shipping her another box.I'm sending this box Fed-Ex 2nd day delivery instead of the USPS,,,maybe shippers makes a diffrence as well? I'm also putting all eggs in a box,inside another larger box and insulated around the extra space ro absorb beating and bouncing.

It's been my experience that the more attention that is drawn to the box (ie: day glow stickers with cute bird pics, "fragile", "hatching eggs", "please be gentle!", etc), the rougher the packages are handled. It's been documented by ex-postal workers that this is an invitation to play football with it. In fact, I've had discussions about this with several mail carriers, and they agree that distribution center sorters can be somewhat less than careful with your packages, based upon what is written on the outside of the box.

I don't go out of my way to ask shippers to leave the box unmarked, but if they ask, and they have, I tell them to leave it inconspicuous. When I ship, I put discreet "fragile" and "hatching eggs" notices on the box, because people expect it, and it covers my butt, in case the Post Office destroys the package, they can't say, "Well, you didn't mark the box for them to be careful, so it's your fault". Ideally, I would like to message them and ask what they would prefer, but I've discovered that sometimes folks aren't prompt in answering their messages, and I'm not about to delay the shipment waiting for a response.

Well, I just bought some peafowl eggs on eBay. I hope I didn't get "taken." I also bought some presale eggs in January for over $50 and never received them. Of course now it's too late to challenge it on Paypal, so I figured the "presale" part was a hoax so by the time you knew you were cheated it was too late to do anything about it.

These were to be my first pea eggs. I guess it's probably an expensive lesson.

Well, I just bought some peafowl eggs on eBay. I hope I didn't get "taken." I also bought some presale eggs in January for over $50 and never received them. Of course now it's too late to challenge it on Paypal, so I figured the "presale" part was a hoax so by the time you knew you were cheated it was too late to do anything about it.

These were to be my first pea eggs. I guess it's probably an expensive lesson.
Presale eggs, months ahead of breeding season, seems like a very risky proposition. However, most of the folks who sell eggs on eBay are honest, hardworking folks, who will go out of their way to work with you and make things right.

The best thing to do, is check their feedback, and look specifically for egg sale transactions. If other people have commented on being happy with what arrived, then you know it's not a scammer. Personally, I won't risk much money on new sellers. Running a successful egg and bird business is a learning process, and new folks don't always get it right. It's good to educate yourself, so you can spot dubious claims immediately. For instance, if someone says they have a pure India Blue blue cock in a pen with an India Blue hen and an opal hen, and the ad says you will get either an India Blue or an opal chick out of the egg... (yes, seen this exact thing advertised before, and many variations thereof)... and you have taken the time to learn about peafowl genetics... you will see that this seller is somewhat clueless. Best to save your money, and spend it on a seller with a proven track record.

Back
Top Bottom