Ear infection?

Mamma se hoenders

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2017
IMG_1333.JPG
IMG_1334.JPG
IMG_1336.JPG
I noticed this a few weeks ago, thought it was normal, then since yesterday it has increased in size and it is full of pus.

Looks like an ear infection to me.
That looks like a lot of puss that needs to come out.
See if this post is helpful:

Hi @Mamma se hoenders :frow Welcome To BYC

It looks like she has an ear infection. You can drop a few drops of Hydrogen Peroxide into the ear to help boil the pus out - try to remove as much as you can, then pack the ear with triple antibiotic ointment. You may need to repeat the clean out a couple of times.
Hopefully removing the pus, with take care of it - if after cleaning a few times, there is still pus, she becomes lethargic or worsens in her actions, you may need to administer antibiotics. If you have a vet that can assist you with the clean out and any medications that would be best.

I hope all goes well, keep us posted.

Thank you for your help! I have managed to drain a lot of the pus already, put antibiotic ointment on and this morning she will start a course of oral antibiotics. Before this she used to be shy of me, but now she seems to want my attention! I appreciate all the advice! Will post pictures again as we progress

This came out of my girl this morning, it left a big hole, but she is getting enough antibiotics, unfortunately she didnt want to sit for another picture, but I will post one as soon as she calms down. Thank you for all your advise

Attachments

• IMG_1337.JPG
    IMG_1337.JPG
    354.6 KB · Views: 16
The ear has closed up almost completely, it still forms pus, but it looks like its under control now, she has so much more engergy and she is quite fiesty! Thank you for everyones help

Attachments

• IMG_1343.JPG
    IMG_1343.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    768.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    585.1 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom