Ear infection?

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
Tom was walking wobbly kinda falling over leaning against things. He would stand and act like he had wry neck or gazing. Sometimes he would stand wings dropped head down. I finally able to catch him he was so weak his left ear was capped with yellow scab. We pulled that off puss came out of ear hole and stunk like nothing I’ve ever smelled. This is a several days ago. Since then I’ve started him on tylan his ear looks better but not healed. I washed his ear out with a ear wash for dogs it’s all I had I felt would be safe. Anything else I should look out for and is the ear infected due to respiratory issue? He seems to be breathing fine but his breast seems pretty thin when I caught him. He is a lot more alert now than he was a few days ago and walks steady now without wobbling.

IMG_3341.jpeg
IMG_3344.jpeg

Just took these. He fell over again when I went to get him wobbling sideways and laying over like equilibrium is off which I’m sure it is by the ear.

Tom was walking wobbly kinda falling over leaning against things. He would stand and act like he had wry neck or gazing. Sometimes he would stand wings dropped head down. I finally able to catch him he was so weak his left ear was capped with yellow scab. We pulled that off puss came out of ear hole and stunk like nothing I’ve ever smelled. This is a several days ago. Since then I’ve started him on tylan his ear looks better but not healed. I washed his ear out with an ear wash for dogs it’s all I had I felt would be safe. Anything else I should look out for and is the ear infected due to respiratory issue? He seems to be breathing fine but his breast seems pretty thin when I caught him. He is a lot more alert now than he was a few days ago and walks steady now without wobbling.
My Cochin Roo has this issue each year. It’s awful. Poor guy. I’m giving liquimycin injections but can’t get all the gunk out of his ear. Discharge is clear now but gunk is packe in badly. Thinking about putting drawing salve on it.

My Cochin Roo has this issue each year. It’s awful. Poor guy. I’m giving liquimycin injections but can’t get all the gunk out of his ear. Discharge is clear now but gunk is packe in badly. Thinking about putting drawing salve on it.
I went out a few days ago Tom was standing with his head twitching side to side he tried to walk and fell over. He would lean against things to hold himself up and plow his head in the dirt so I made the decision to take him out no need in letting get any skinnier and suffer.

Back
Top Bottom