Early Bantam Brahman Comb Development, cockerel?

Chicken_lady1

In the Brooder
Apr 4, 2023
This is my 2-3 week old bantam brahman, i’m not exactly sure on the age because I got from my friend who got her as a straight run. It’s very early in the game I know but i am going crazy thinking she might be a cock, her comb development is too early imo for a bantam. It’s not red and her wattles are not showing. Her feathers seem more roo like and i’m just nervous; any thoughts? (Ik these are bad pics, she’s just sleeping rn and I don’t want to wake her, If y’all need more, I can send some in the morning : D)

Attachments

• IMG_4357.jpeg
    IMG_4357.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4356.jpeg
    IMG_4356.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4355.jpeg
    IMG_4355.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4359.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4360.jpeg
    IMG_4360.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 4
This is my 2-3 week old bantam brahman, i’m not exactly sure on the age because I got from my friend who got her as a straight run. It’s very early in the game I know but i am going crazy thinking she might be a cock, her comb development is too early imo for a bantam. It’s not red and her wattles are not showing. Her feathers seem more roo like and i’m just nervous; any thoughts? (Ik these are bad pics, she’s just sleeping rn and I don’t want to wake her, If y’all need more, I can send some in the morning : D)
Yeah, can you send more in the morning? It might be too early to tell, as the feathers still look soft. You might have to wait until the real feathers come in. An easy way to do it (Doesn't work the best) is to turn them on their back and see if they stick one leg out. Then it might be a roo. It doesn't work for sure, so don't base everything off this test! I have lots of mistakes with this! But it's could tell. Again, not proven to work! Proven to not have the best results!

Yeah, can you send more in the morning? It might be too early to tell, as the feathers still look soft. You might have to wait until the real feathers come in. An easy way to do it (Doesn't work the best) is to turn them on their back and see if they stick one leg out. Then it might be a roo. It doesn't work for sure, so don't base everything off this test! I have lots of mistakes with this! But it's could tell. Again, not proven to work! Proven to not have the best results!
Here are some better pictures! The comb is really the only thing I’m worried about

Attachments

• IMG_4367.jpeg
    IMG_4367.jpeg
    423 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4366.jpeg
    IMG_4366.jpeg
    508.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4364.jpeg
    IMG_4364.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4363.jpeg
    IMG_4363.jpeg
    431.2 KB · Views: 3
An easy way to do it (Doesn't work the best) is to turn them on their back and see if they stick one leg out. Then it might be a roo.
That is an old wives' tale. Don't trust that, it doesn't work, and flipping a chicken on their back is dangerous because their ribs compress on their organs, and it can kill them in a second by stopping their heart or lungs.

Back
Top Bottom