Early Christmas present

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Garden Peas, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Garden Peas

Garden Peas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2014
    [​IMG]

I KID YOU NOT!!! [​IMG]

2. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] You must live further away than I thought!

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Is this from the hen you said was acting off? i have had yearlings lay late in the year .matter a fact i just saw an egg on the conex box

4. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Thanks Zaz! You learnt me sumptin, conex box, I only knew them as shipping containers... [​IMG]

5. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    Yes, she's my only adult hen. So go round up your egg(s) and pop 'em under a broody hen, and we will have our very own New Years Pea hatch-a-long [​IMG]

Trip #2 to the storage locker today: pick up incubator. Now it's equilibrating, the eggs are warming up to house temperature, and I'm still shaking my head. It snowed on Saturday.

6. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Ain't no breeding going on even tho some have a nice train, mother nature ain't called them yet[​IMG]

They are good to eat i feel like royalty when i have some [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    Oh well, enjoy your omelet [​IMG]

I can't guarantee mine haven't been breeding... all three males are stamping around like crazy, waving their tail feathers and yelling their fool heads off. It's the weather here, I'm convinced of it. It has just been crazy.... warm, then COLD, then warm, then cool, then warm, then snow Saturday, then warm, now more snow on the way. Poor birds are all mixed up, and all three boys have their trains in and at least two of them are yodeling.

Of course, as chilled as the eggs got, even if they were fertile, they may not be viable. But I will stick them in the incubator and see in 10 days [​IMG] Wouldn't that be a hoot?

8. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:You go right ahead and do that i will be eating mine untill next spring when i get to start raising my lovies up again . [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  9. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    I know, Zaz, you can laugh at me now... and you can laugh in 10 days, too [​IMG] I'm incurable....

10. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:Oh i totally get where you are coming from but my luck only one would hatch , i would not have anything for it to stay with as far as company and i brood mine outside under a 250 juice sucking heat lamp bulb , for one chick................. Naa I will eat them , i am past the newness stage

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by