Early February 2016 Hatch - Who's In?

12 is good! How many eggs are left?
To many. 17... But my temp went crazy today. Every time I turned away it started going up. Started while I was out. No telling how long it was high.
1f631.png
I fear my other babies are gone. I'll keep them in though because you never know. As for my hatched they are all eating and drinking well and Pip Squeak (the smallest/youngest) is feisty. I tried to sex by feathers but I'm no expert. I think I have 4 boys and 8 girls. I hope so. We want more pullets. Thus is still my favorite picture so far.

Here's a quick pic of my second set:

I have had 10 out of 15 hatch. 1 died though. I have another one that is zipping but it's been that way for about 6 hours with a half zipped shell. It's still breathing. If it's not out by morning I'm going to research my options. I have 4 other eggs with no signs of movement or progress.

Here's a quick pic of my second set:

I have had 10 out of 15 hatch. 1 died though. I have another one that is zipping but it's been that way for about 6 hours with a half zipped shell. It's still breathing. If it's not out by morning I'm going to research my options. I have 4 other eggs with no signs of movement or progress.

So cute!! I did have one get stuck zipping - she was that way all day and at about 7pm I decided to help her out - she had dried out and was stuck. She was fine and a week later you can't tell which one she is :)

So cute!! I did have one get stuck zipping - she was that way all day and at about 7pm I decided to help her out - she had dried out and was stuck. She was fine and a week later you can't tell which one she is :)

Unfortunately I had to cull the one that was stuck last night in the partially unzipped shell. We assisted last night, she pushed out sometime during the night but Her neck was bent and she couldn't seem to straighten it (deformity). She couldn't stand or move. Second one I lost after hatch on this set.

Unfortunately I had to cull the one that was stuck last night in the partially unzipped shell. We assisted last night, she pushed out sometime during the night but Her neck was bent and she couldn't seem to straighten it (deformity). She couldn't stand or move. Second one I lost after hatch on this set.

I'm sorry for your loss

hugs.gif
I hate losing them after hatch. Sorry for your losses.

Week old pics (well week and a day or two for some). They were completely ignoring me so I had to put something electronic and shiny in there to get their attention - kind like teenagers
wink.png

:hugs I hate losing them after hatch. Sorry for your losses.

Thank you. I know it's part of life but it sucks. I did it humanely and super quick so it didn't suffer. Two of my other chicks from this hatch have curled toes and possibly straddle leg so I've been doctoring them with bandaid casts. I've learned a lot from BYC!

Very cute!

My four from the first hatch I sold! I listed them on CL and poof, gone. My kids are still mad at me for that one so I'll be keeping the ones I just hatched for a little longer. Haha.

Very cute!

My four from the first hatch I sold! I listed them on CL and poof, gone. My kids are still mad at me for that one so I'll be keeping the ones I just hatched for a little longer. Haha.

I did that last hatch and I either sold all the pullets or the whole hatch was cockerels. Either way - I did not end up with any of my own hatch.
gig.gif
Hanging on to them a wee bit longer this time
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom