Early February 2016 Hatch - Who's In?

My turner has them big end up so I'm not familiar with that type of turner. What color egg shells do you have? I have a rally hard time telling on my Ameraucanas, OE, or BCM because they are so dark. I personally go with the philosophy that if I can't tell 100% and they are not smelly then I keep them in. I've done the other before and their were live babies in them.
hit.gif
I have several Marans eggs. If they don't glow like a real dim lamp shade their good. My EE eggs were very easy to tell.

What are you calling a forced air bator? Is that like the farm innovators 4200 or 4250 that has a fan that circulates the air or something that heats and blows external air?

From what I have been told, anything with a fan inside to circulate the air for even distribution over the eggs.

Hmm, I have a forced air bator so I guess I'll see with my 1st eggs if they hatch alright under a constant temp of 38deg Celsius. It got great reviews; I'm remaining hopeful
1f60a.png

Some people never change the temps. It is all about what you find works for your location and incubator. This is information I use a a reference from the vast years of experience from BYC people.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

OMG... Guess what I'm ordering.

I've wanted this for a long time and we had a very unfortunate event in our area this weekend that was started by a heat lamp. So DH said go ahead so we are not worried about the fire risk.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I am sorry about the unfortunate event - scary thoughts. I'm happy you switched over to the brooder plate!! I bought a Premier 1 brooder plate and the chicks love it....they can hide under it as well as stay warm.

Ooooh the peer pressure.. I will not candle until day 7, I will not candle until day 7
hide.gif
I feel your pain!! I am such a bad candler, I don't see life when there really is something there, so I try to stay away until at least day 10.....

@Jessimom & @CoopDeDoo

Do you like this one or a different one better? I don't plan to hatch any more than 20- 30 at a time so I figure this one would do well even as they get older?

Or has anyone used a pet heating mat successfully?

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom