Easter Egger club!

I will take pics of my 3 EEs when I get home. They are 5 1/2 weeks old and I am sure you can tell which one is the boy (I know they are two girls and a boy because I bought them sexed). 
I always like when the perk early, easier to tell. Our little (supposed Roo) shows not signs yet at 5 weeks. Thems then breaks I guess.

Hey i was just curious since i had just got a new batch of EEs if all EE roosters have muffs? or are easter egger roosters with muff just more common? 
I think the muff Feathers are just by chance. I don't think the genes are linked but I could be wrong. Only one of our Easter Eggers have a truly noticeable muff, then two have a smallish one, and one has none.

I see, i had heared from somewhere that most EE roosters are either red or black and white and i have 1 white and black chick but with no muff.

Last edited:
I
I see, i had heared from somewhere that most EE roosters are either red or black and white and i have 1 white and black chick but with no muff.
I think in many cases yes there may be a more common color in Roos, but I have all dark chicks with black and brown and brown muffs and none look male at 5 weeks. My mums Easter Eggers, one dark cheekless is was green layer, and she looked like a chipmunk when we got her, and the other a big fluffy as I've ever seen, brown cheeked lady is huge and laidhuge blue eggs. She was a little blonde with a black strip and turned brown, tan, black, and blush gray. Beautiful bird.
Though I am not an expert so others may have more experience than I in this matter. I only know what my parents had, and our little buggers now.

alright thanks for the great advice! i guess i'll just keep an eye on lord knows we dont need anymore roos
barnie.gif

Neither coloring nor muffs are sexlinked. It's coincidence.
Hurray! I'm so happy to hear that. I didn't think it was but wasn't sure so didn't want to say yes for sure. I wondered if the feather coloring was linked to male or female or egg color but everywhere I look it seems to say no. Which is good, since I've got all dark Easter Eggers!

Our supposed Roo is a blue Ameraucana, and they do have cute little puffy cheek muffs. Which I just love. But so far he's got no signs of being a boy so we are waiting to see what develops and when. Cute little bird though :)

Back
Top Bottom