Easter Egger club!

I think this little lady is an EE, and not an Ameraucana. The feed store had them listed as Araucana with EE in parathases next to it. And well it's easy to tell she's not an Araucana.

So cute and adorable!!
jumpy.gif

I have a splash EE roo that has finally produced chicks! We put 3 eggs under a broody and all three hatched! Two are from other EEs but one is from my DBL(double blue laced) Barnevelder hen.
Has anyone crossed a DBL Barnevelder with an EE? Any idea what the chick will look like later on? Right now she is a light brown chipmunk with maybe some blue tint. I'm really hoping for a blue laced OE.

Rooster in the background and DBL hen in the fore

I have a splash EE roo that has finally produced chicks! We put 3 eggs under a broody and all three hatched! Two are from other EEs but one is from my DBL(double blue laced) Barnevelder hen.
Has anyone crossed a DBL Barnevelder with an EE? Any idea what the chick will look like later on? Right now she is a light brown chipmunk with maybe some blue tint. I'm really hoping for a blue laced OE.

Rooster in the background and DBL hen in the fore

How exciting! I'm not sure how your chick will turn out, being new to blue/chicken genetics (reading all I can) but please post photos as time goes on. Also, a question, where did you get your Barnevelder and how dark are her eggs? I just love OEs, and am wondering which direction to go with my flock. (BTW...I was born in Berkeley, CA--raised right over the hill--had chickens there myself). Also..Pretty Roo!

Quote: Hah! Well, hello from the homeland! My Barnevelder came from @juststruttin out of stock from @tls_ranch . Her eggs are on the dark side of medium brown but with lovely dark brown speckles. I am sort of hoping the chick that hatched out of her egg is hen and lays some olive eggs, but the brown might not be deep enough to get a good dark green color. She does look an awful lot like a Barnevelder chick at least, but i dont expect neat lacing like on her mother.

Back
Top Bottom