Easter Egger club!

After years of being told to correct the error in advertising, the major hatcheries are still getting away with it.  I think only a lawsuit with a verdict of a hefty fine will be the only way they'll change their ways.  I won't order from hatcheries that incorrectly label their birds.  I prefer private breeders.  Local feed stores are just as much to blame --They know the birds are Easter Eggers but because the hatchery labeled them as Americana, Ameraucana, or Araucana, the feed store feels justified to incorrectly label the EEs in the chick bin.

Sad thing is,a lot of people at the feedstores really don't know the difference :/ TSC in particular.... I do NOT like buying chicks from them at all.
Unless they have one with horrendous pasty butt and I just CSANT leave it there :hit I hate when I see a chick suffering like that :(

Last edited:
Sad thing is,a lot of people at the feedstores really don't know the difference
hmm.png
TSC in particular.... I do NOT like buying chicks from them at all.
Unless they have one with horrendous pasty butt and I just CSANT leave it there
hit.gif
I hate when I see a chick suffering like that
sad.png

Feed store employees DO know the difference -- especially the owners/managers but they just ignore passing on the info to new employees. They don't want knowledgeable employees influencing customer sales one way or the other. I don't walk into our feed store where they house the chicks/chickens. Just go in and buy my supplies and leave so I don't get angry at the lousy way they keep the chick bins near open breezy garage doors and hot sun in the afternoons or caged POL layers in hot cages outside without shade. What are they thinking? I'm afraid I'll blow up at them In anger.

Feed store employees DO know the difference -- especially the owners/managers but they just ignore passing on the info to new employees.  They don't want knowledgeable employees influencing customer sales one way or the other.  I don't walk into our feed store where they house the chicks/chickens.  Just go in and buy my supplies and leave so I don't get angry at the lousy way they keep the chick bins near open breezy garage doors and hot sun in the afternoons or caged POL layers in hot cages outside without shade.  What are they thinking?  I'm afraid I'll blow up at them In anger.

Ohhh,that makes sense with the employers. But seriously, there are people at our TSC who know next to nothing about chickens, especially not breeds. Whenever we go there I stand by the bantams brooder, and educate people about the breeds, since the employees don't *seem* to care about what happens to the Cornish broilers people buy AS LAYERS :barnie :rant

Ohhh,that makes sense with the employers. But seriously, there are people at our TSC who know next to nothing about chickens, especially not breeds. Whenever we go there I stand by the bantams brooder, and educate people about the breeds, since the employees don't *seem* to care about what happens to the Cornish broilers people buy AS LAYERS
barnie.gif
rant.gif

On another note, I'm not too thrilled with customers who come to buy chickens before they even took a day to research chicken breeds before trotting to the feed store. They buy the chicks for their kids and then wonder which flimsy little fir wood chicken coop kit made in China they need to buy. I could go on and on with my soapbox but I'll stop
he.gif

On another note, I'm not too thrilled with customers who come to buy chickens before they even took a day to research chicken breeds before trotting to the feed store. They buy the chicks for their kids and then wonder which flimsy little fir wood chicken coop kit made in China they need to buy. I could go on and on with my soapbox but I'll stop
he.gif
Hundreds of post pertaining to just such situations, every single day. It's called the search bar people. A tiny bit of effort goes a long way. Right up there with "ALL MY CHICKS ARE DYING! HELP!!!!!!!!" posts.

On another note, I'm not too thrilled with customers who come to buy chickens before they even took a day to research chicken breeds before trotting to the feed store.  They buy the chicks for their kids and then wonder which flimsy little fir wood chicken coop kit made in China they need to buy.  I could go on and on with my soapbox but I'll stop :he .

Ugh, yes. I'm blesses to live out where pretty much everyone knows what they're getting into with chickens though. But still, ALMOST everyone :/ I like helping people out with breeds and such :p

Ugh, yes. I'm blesses to live out where pretty much everyone knows what they're getting into with chickens though. But still, ALMOST everyone
hmm.png
I like helping people out with breeds and such
tongue.png

Yep, I've caught myself advising customers sometimes because I feel sorry for what they're about to do to the poor chicks their kids are grabbing up!

Yep, I've caught myself advising customers sometimes because I feel sorry for what they're about to do to the poor chicks their kids are grabbing up!

I do it because talking about breeds is one of my most favorite things to do! :p and pretty much every person I've talked with seems to enjoy it, so... :D

Yepp. This. Haha. I also have been known to buy any stragglers if I see someone eyeing them and have a bad feeling. That's how I got my two pekin ducks! Bahahaha.

Back
Top Bottom