Easter Egger club!

View attachment 1133373
Haven't been able to figure this out-I have 3 hens who have feathers that's look like they have been cut. But they are a little sharp and it's just the shaft of the feathers. Can anyone help me with what this might be? It's not from mating.
Those are pin feathers. There are brand new feathers in those sheaths. Completely normal.

IMG_7338.JPG
Junebuggena. Any idea what gene my boy carries. I want a green egg so bad. I have an Easter egger and barnvelder hen. Help. Please.

View attachment 1133444 Junebuggena. Any idea what gene my boy carries. I want a green egg so bad. I have an Easter egger and barnvelder hen. Help. Please.
Cushion/walnut comb, which means he's got both pea and rose comb genes so odds of him having a blue shell gene are pretty good. He's Birchen, so expect lots of black chicks from him. Also looks like he might be pure for silver. Only way to know what his egg color genes are like is to breed him and find out what the pullets lay.

He looks part maran :love
S.t.u.n.n.i.n.g. :love :love :love :love
He was suppose to be my pullet olive egger. Half marans, half Easter egger, but we learn from our mistakes. As Junebuggena said when I first got him. Probably cream legbar, Wyandotte, Easter egger and marans. So want a green egg. Guess I'll try the Easter egger and Barnevelder,and australorp pullets. Can't thank y'all enough

He was suppose to be my pullet olive egger. Half marans, half Easter egger, but we learn from our mistakes. As Junebuggena said when I first got him. Probably cream legbar, Wyandotte, Easter egger and marans. So want a green egg. Guess I'll try the Easter egger and Barnevelder,and australorp pullets. Can't thank y'all enough

We got one of those "male pullets" this year too! :rolleyes: He's a total terd.

Wish you luck!

Back
Top Bottom