Easter Egger club!

Got my first Easter Egg today! (shown with a Barred Rock egg)
Sept 24 eggs.jpg

Anyone have Easter Egger Silkie? My blue ee boy has been hanging and mating with my silkies. Have a couple eggs under a broody. My frizzled Bantam has also tried with silkies so no matter what they'll be cool but hoping for the EE cross.

Anyone have Easter Egger Silkie? My blue ee boy has been hanging and mating with my silkies. Have a couple eggs under a broody. My frizzled Bantam has also tried with silkies so no matter what they'll be cool but hoping for the EE cross.
The gene for Silkie feathering is recessive, so it takes at least two generations of breeding to get Silkied Easter Eggers.

:ya
Nice looking egg!

Thank you -- it WAS pretty..... I left the egg in the nest along with 4 Barred Rock eggs. Today I was in the coop when Mocha came to lay her egg, so I sat on the feedbox and waited. While she was moving the straw and eggs around her egg from yesterday got broken. I removed all of the eggs and put in my plastic dino egg. She continued to get comfy and kept attempting to pull that plastic egg under her. Shortly after came the egg. It was a bit smaller, but not so elongated.

Not sure what to do with the other eggs that I removed.... was hoping somebody would sit on them.

Back
Top Bottom